Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll make you study!

Options
  • 25-04-2004 4:03pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have 6 and a half weeks left, and 7 subjects, thats not even a week a subject.

My school year has 23 days left in it.

This wednesday in six weeks excatly we will all be sitting the SAME EXAM.

6 WEEKS!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHhh

:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I have eight subjects... yey. But I've been working consistently for the past 2 years so I'm grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    I've been working consistently for the past 2 years so I'm grand.

Wow. I didn't think people like you existed. I thought you were just a mythical breed of student revered by parents and teachers alike, but just an illusion...

Meh. I'm screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

whoa...jes...buddy..calm down...lol..

be more like claire.......i know i wish i were.....i was flipping out and couldnt think straight..

if you get too worried and stressed...you'll make yourself think that your forgetting things and you wont remeber what you need to know...

being calm in the exam is the number one thing....

being calm lets you re-configure your thoughts and get them in line..

believe me buddy.....you'll look back on this and think..WTF was i so stressed and worried about?...

believe me...i was there....i know how your feeling....aim to be calm.....its your number 1 friend for the exam ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I know I came off stressed, but in actual fact, I'm far too laid back. That was an attempt that my mate used on me, so I would be scared and sstudy!!

It almost worked!

meh!

Thanks for your concern anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

hahahaha.

we're all screwed.

hahahaha.

(sob)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Basically, at this stage the most important thing is your sleeping habits, you can't study when you're exhausted. Sleep, eat, study.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

Originally posted by Teddi

being calm in the exam is the number one thing....

Originally posted by Kold

Basically, at this stage the most important thing is your sleeping habits, you can't study when you're exhausted. Sleep, eat, study.

I disagree. Cramming as much as you can the night before is the most important thing. That way everythings fresh in your head. I mean you're hardly gonna be sleeping soundly the night before anyway, you'll just be lying awake worrying so you might as well be cramming. It's not like you'll drop dead if you miss one nights sleep, Adrenalin and some caffiene should keep you nice and alert ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

isnt that like the worse thing you can do?

i'm going out to the pictures before my first exam!

No, cram away but I believe the term is "If you don't know it now, you're not going to know it". Basically, most of the exams are designed so that you have to study certain crap over the two years... Like history, and the geography regional.. I mean, its useless bull**** facts, the only reason to make it mandatory is to cause us pain.

No, cram away but I believe the term is "If you don't know it now, you're not going to know it". Basically, most of the exams are designed so that you have to study certain crap over the two years... Like history, and the geography regional.. I mean, its useless bull**** facts, the only reason to make it mandatory is to cause us pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by Kold
    "If you don't know it now, you're not going to know it".

Shhh! Such negative thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

English Paper2= One giant cramming session the day eforehand.

Tech= One giant cramming session of all the tricks i need to know the day beforehand.

Everything else= One giant cramming session the night beforehand.

I'm sorted :p

On a more serious note, i'm just heading upstairs to do some "study" which probably means i'm going to just do maths, and ignore every other subject. Maybe i should learn some english poetry.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

maths is the only sub. im worried bout...my teacher is a total dick, and i find the subject really hard....and im in pass...:rolleyes:
    ahh, only 2 months left, and we never have to back again...unless,like me you'll prob, be repeating...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i did my leaving last year

i did not work (seriously, i barely opened my books - no joke)

i am a dumb ass (i am actually not that clever)

i got 380 points

seriously, the leaving is piss.

dont get freaked, its a load of sheit.

people just hype it up coz their stupid/

RELAX

after the leaving, you guys will have a fookin brilliant summer, i envy yiz

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

yeah....cant wait till summer....debs nite is gonna b class!!!
    the pre party, debs,the after party, house party, beach party......gawd!!!I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

yeah....cant wait till summer....debs nite is gonna b class!!!

Actually my Grads kinda sucked.

The unknown number of good sessions at the pub were the real fun. Or the drinking in my friends back garden till 6AM watching the salmon jump (yes his house is right by the river). Ahhh good times.

Anyway enough reminiscing. Dont worry about the leaving its actually not that bad. Granted theyre pretty important exams but theyre in no way the hardest youll ever do.

Anyhow, im off to study. Ive got 9 subjects to study for ranging from Principles of managment and organisation to Internet Technology and development. Its been a little over 4 weeks since we stopped learning new material. My first exams tomorrow and ive still got several management articles to read. So Cheer up people :)

Advertisement