Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs -v- Arsenal (scores)

• 25-04-2004 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

1-0 to the gunners. A counter attack with Vieira finishing it off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

2-0 Pires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

2-0 Pires.

Gooners are playing with Sours, hardly breaking a sweat and still in complete control.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Keane scores a penalty after Rednapp made it 2-1. Final score should be 2-2.

Spurs played with some heart in the 2nd half, I was happy enough with the performance overall. Still, the Goons should have had another 2, Pires hit the crossbar and Henry missed what should have been a certain goal (for a player of his ability). Defoe looked lively from the time he came on.

Still can't work out what Lehmann was at fouling Keane for the peno. Silly, silly boy. The Arse will have to replace him for next season if they're serious about challenging in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I said it before and I'll say it again, Lehman is a liability!!
    Every game that he plays in he has the opposition players trying to wind him up, and 9 times out of 10 they succeed. He's potentially going to be a liability in a very big match, i.e. Champions League, League decider. It was a definite penalty last night. The referee handled the situation quite well I thought.
    Although I did think that the incident put a slight damper on Arsenal winning the title.

What was the story with lauren throwing the ball to Kanoute??? And what was the story with Kanoute just standing there almost frozen to the spot with the ball at his feet? It took the crowd to shout at him to finally do something with the ball, unfortunately he hit it straight at Lehman!

B.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    What was the story with lauren throwing the ball to Kanoute??? And what was the story with Kanoute just standing there almost frozen to the spot with the ball at his feet? It took the crowd to shout at him to finally do something with the ball, unfortunately he hit it straight at Lehman!
    No idea, I wasn't even watching the tv at the time. Maybe Spurs put the ball out of play due to an injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by kaids
    No idea, I wasn't even watching the tv at the time. Maybe Spurs put the ball out of play due to an injury?

Nah I mean't it as a rhetorical question!! ;)

Kanoute was standing in the Arsenal box onside, and Lauren had a throw close to the corner flag, and he just threw the ball straight to Kanoute who got the ball under control and just stood there frozen to the spot. It wasn't until the crowd started to scream at him that he decided to do something!!! :D

B.

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    Nah I mean't it as a rhetorical question!! ;)

Kanoute was standing in the Arsenal box onside, and Lauren had a throw close to the corner flag, and he just threw the ball straight to Kanoute who got the ball under control and just stood there frozen to the spot. It wasn't until the crowd started to scream at him that he decided to do something!!! :D

B.

Looked like a Quantam Leap moment to me, Scott Bakula had just appeared in Freddie's body and hadn't a clue what he was doing...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Looked like a Quantam Leap moment to me, Scott Bakula had just appeared in Freddie's body and hadn't a clue what he was doing...
    Thank you, that is the only explination that makes rational sense.

I think Lehman will vastly improve his temprement now that Seaman in back at Arsenal looking after the goalkeeping coaching.

Originally posted by robbie1876

I think Lehman will vastly improve his temprement now that Seaman in back at Arsenal looking after the goalkeeping coaching.

Isn't Lehmann 34? I'm thinking "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Remember, the great Bob Wilson is involved with goalkeeping coaching at Arsenal, if he can't do it I doubt Seaman can.

Just look at Man U...coaching wasn't going to sort out Barthez was it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement