Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal win league

• 25-04-2004 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

fair play easily the best team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i thought they had to beat spurs to win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

yep, but that was only if chelsea beat newcastle

Since chelsea have lost to newcastle Arsenal are now the champions, I think :)

They have a habit of winning it at the right places don't they?
    Old Trafford(Their rivlas that year)
    White Hart Lane(vs. Spurs :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Well done the arse. Deserved it. Leman acting the egit again. One more hurdle for them, going through the season unbeaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

bah, stupid newcastle!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I get 66 quid if Birmingham beat them
    I get 50 if Leicster beat em :)

It'd just be so great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Although I dont think it should have been a peno (it was hardly a push), Lehmann is such a complete muppet and I was delighted to see Keane score the peno. Fair play to Keane, push the opposing keeper over and win your team a peno. Lehmann is a total liability and if Wenger has any sort of sense he will dispose of him in the summer. You could see the incident coming as soon as keane put him under pressure at the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done to the Gunners

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

fair play to them thats what i say!!!! go on the arsenal !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Easily the best team in the division this season so well deserved

Don't sky count titles won before 1992 now then? :D listening to Sky News it's all about the winning their 3rd Premiership title

As a Forest fan hopefully they will now let up a lose a game

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot :)

Seems like every time I go to The Goat to watch Arsenal matches they get a disappointing result, but today I leave a happy gooner :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Congrats to Arsenal, well deserved. the big difference between Arsenal last year and this has been their dicipline. Apart from the handbags at Old Trafford, they have had no key players missing through suspensions.

A little OT, but if these Van Persie rumours are true (and I reckon they are), he must be hankering to move to Highbury now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

congrats to arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well done Arsenal fully deserved . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Fair play to Arsenal, best team overall. I'm looking forward to the fight for the title next season already because I reckon 4 teams will be after it next year, call it a hunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i just like to say congratulations to arsenal what they have done this season imo wont be repeated even by arsenal!!!(the whole unbeaten so far thing!!!) but next season will be different!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Yea Great Season for Arsenal, Wonder how much better it could have been had they spent their money on the likes of Frey or someone instead of Lehmann....I rate Stuart Taylor more than him.....

Again Congrats to Arsenal...love to see the odds on birmingham ending their run

john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    Although I dont think it should have been a peno (it was hardly a push), Lehmann is such a complete muppet and I was delighted to see Keane score the peno. Fair play to Keane, push the opposing keeper over and win your team a peno. Lehmann is a total liability and if Wenger has any sort of sense he will dispose of him in the summer. You could see the incident coming as soon as keane put him under pressure at the corner.

Seem to be contradicting yourself there. Definite peno as far as I 'm concerned, Lehmann wrapped his arms around Keane's neck and then pushed Keane. Keane responded to that.

Still, fully deserved championship for the Gooners, the 2nd they have won at White Hart Lane (and both times they won the double)...:mad:

Spurs look safe at last, Leeds need to win all three of their remaining matches to finish above us. So North London is a happy place for everybody...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by johnor

Again Congrats to Arsenal...love to see the odds on birmingham ending their run

john

Why?, Wenger wants the Record and will go for a win only 4 games left now.

3466438.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE562B9C74058DAE0C59254A44F58E04BD

made me laugh when I saw it on TV today, not least because of the message but also because of the spelling :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I was working all day but jesus..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Bit of an anti-climax (for me anyway not seeing a single frame of the game) but winning the league at spurs will keep the hearts warm for a few more years.

As to the unbeaten run, now that they have actually won the league, wouldnt it be fair to say they won it unbeaten regardless of the next few results? :)

oh, and they said Sol Campbell would never win the title at White Hart Lane!

badum-tish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Why?, Wenger wants the Record and will go for a win only 4 games left now.

Just think he might be inclined to play some of the "squad" players he has....bookies dont tend to look at that kind of thing and I reckon Brum are in with a shot...

Keown needs to play every game to get a medal?? If i were wneger id give Taylor a run in the team ahead of Lehmann. Id imagine Bently will play a few games?? I know you say he wants the record but he might be happy to not have it hanging over their head next season...

john

Originally posted by johnor
    Just think he might be inclined to play some of the "squad" players he has....bookies dont tend to look at that kind of thing and I reckon Brum are in with a shot...

Keown needs to play every game to get a medal?? If i were wneger id give Taylor a run in the team ahead of Lehmann. Id imagine Bently will play a few games?? I know you say he wants the record but he might be happy to not have it hanging over their head next season...

john
    Taylor is injured, might see Stack though.

Senderos, Hoyte, Fabregas, Bentley, and Aliadiere are also possibilities.

That little dance Arsenal did at the end was hideous though :(

I'm scarred for life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Champions!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

WHL '71, Anfield '89, Old Trafford '02 and now WHL '04 - talk about timing it to perfection :)

The Arsenal team, Sol Campbell and all, came out again afterwards to celebrate with the (Still locked in the ground) gooners, theres some pics on the first 3 or 4 pages of http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/ph/fo_arsenal_p.html

6 Arsenal players in the PFA team as well.....The outstanding Kolo Toure really should have been in there as well imo.

Patrick Vieira: "'The club is getting bigger every year and our targets are getting bigger every year"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Congrats to Arsenal, I'm a happy little bunny today! Although they won it with 4 games to go, I still felt it was a tight championship right up to the end, more so than other recent years. I believe Arsenal will now switch into exhibition gear the the remaining matches - expect some high scorelines!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Fair play Arsenal ... Best team in premiership .. no doubt ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

CHAMPIONS!:D :D:D:D
    I thought our two goals yesterday were class. Bit harsh to give the penalty against Lehmann though. Still I reckon we should be looking for someone else. He's dependable but I can't ever remember him making a save that he had no right to. (ie. stopping a one on one). We need a goalie that can win you matches you don't deserve to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

happy days

and the best bit was looking at the face on the spurs fan i was watching it with, he was happy with the point though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah....well done Arsenal...well deserved...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well done Arsenal, best team in the league by 2 country miles

How did lauren get on the PFA team and not Toure?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

How did lauren get on the PFA team and not Toure?!
    I had the same thought. The PFA team is based on the year 2003, not the current season. Lauren had a last season, whereas Toure is just coming into his prime now. Don't worry, he'll be in next year's team!

Advertisement