Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming & Kids

Options
  • 25-04-2004 6:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

My 7yo's mother thinks it's fine for him to keep and play the copy of GTA3 his uncle gave him. I think she's smoking crack. Opinions welcome.
    Opinions from parents here obviously also welcome, but on the other thread please.

adam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm pretty sure at this stage that I'm not just being a wet hen, my problem now is figuring out how to convince his mother. We get on ok but she's as stubborn as me - that's pretty damned stubborn - so I can't see her playing the game to assuage my concerns. Since her defense is that "it's only a cartoon", I was thinking of burning some Hentai to CD and giving it to her, but I guess that's a bit juvenile. Anyone got any ideas?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

How about some ultra violent anime, like that piece from Kill Bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Adam, imo a 7 year old should not be playing GTA3. I read over the origional thread and I think you will get more balanced opinions here rather than gamers over in the games forum (btw I have played GTA3 vice city). I dont think your son will turn into a psycopath as a result of playing GTA but I still think it would be inappropriate for him. If you let him watch a prono you wouldn't expect him to go out and have sex but it still doesn't mean the film wouldn't be bad for him/damage him psycologically.

TBH his uncle must be very irrisponsible. I know if my GF's brother gave my son GTA3 there would be war. If his mother refuses to believe that the game will do him harm then I think you should sit her down and show her some of the missions in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

As a teen ager who has played GTA 3+4 I think its very unsuitable for a 7 year old and I beleive ushouldnt let any child play games of this nature till they are 11/12 .

That seems pretty unresponsible of their uncle .

Advertisement