Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing xbox on PC monitor

Options
  • 25-04-2004 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

What's it like playing the xbox on a monitor??? One one hand it could look excellent, on the other, it could make the jaggies and blemishes much more apparent.

I wish the xbox next would have a keyboard and mouse for fps games, but I largely doubt that that's going to happen. I can't stand using thumb sticks, especially with deus ex: invisible wars, where you have to pick up a lot of things.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very true, its beyond me why microsoft have never released a keyboard and mouse for the xbox since day one with so many fps games on the system. It worked a treat for the dreamcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

It's a down right pain. I think it was basically to sway away from the 'PC in a box' label that the xbox was getting.

You can get a vga adapter on lik-sang.com, I think though that they're getting in the same trouble as cd wow at the moment.

The game cube now has a keyboard for phantasy star online, and currently a team are working to get linux on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tv-in card.

my mate has his xbox modded and plays it on his pc moniter. No probs and it looks great aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That's ok if you have a high-end TV card (or proper capture card).
    I found the hauppauge winTV cards utter **** for use with a Playstation2, image quality was brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Here's a list of vga adaptors, expensive though.*click*

• Advertisement
Advertisement