Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Bad Beat

Options
  • 26-04-2004 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Tonight's 20 Euro - down to 18 players, I have about 8000, blinds are 400/800 so I'm fairly comfortable. Look down to find 2 lovely Kings. Seat 4 raises to 1,600 - I re-raise to 3,500. Then seat 9 goes all-in for 11,000 ish. Seat 4 folds and I call. At this stage it's very possible I'm against the Aces but there was no way I was folding those Kings. Opponent turns over 9,9 - he's in a world of pain. Flop come 5,6,8. Uh oh - no 7 or 9, no 7 or 9, please no 7 or 9. Turn comes 5 - great only one card to come. BANG river brings 7 and I've just got the biggest kick in the nuts ever.

I wouldn't have minded so much if had hit a nine for trips but hitting straight when he goes all-in on 2 nines is a heart breaker. If I had of wne that pot i would have been up to about 18,000 and in great shape for a money finish. Last wekk I get knocked with Aces this week Kings. I think I'm already on tilt for Thursday's 250.

Well done to DeV for winning a ticket to the 250 and to my mate Jay who also picked one up.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Didnt realise it was your mate who took the ticket with me last night. We'd a good laugh at the final table.
    I hope I can make it now, I have an appointment on the Friday morning that I'm going to see if I cant rearrange...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

wow. a bad beat davey. tell me, whats that like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Fair enough Danger, you are the King of Bad Beats I bow in your presence.

Advertisement