Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V Poland - match predictions

• 26-04-2004 3:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

lineup;

GK: Given (Subbed for Colgan at HT/60mins)
    DL: Harte (Cant see him not getting a game after his contribution against the Czechs)
    DC: Cunningham (Captain)
    DC: O'Shea (Subbed for O'Brien at some stage)
    DR: Maybury
    ML: Duff
    MC: Holland (Subbed for Roy Keane at some stage)
    MC: Miller
    MR: Reid (To switch flanks with Duff during the match)
    FC: Robbie Keane
    FC: Morrison

Scoreline:
    Scoreless At HT
    Ireland to win 2-0 at full time

Goalscorers:
    Robbie Keane
    A.Reid

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'll go for a boring 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

I'm going for 2-1 and Ireland to retain its Unofficial World Champions status. I reckon your line-up is good Tellox, but afaik Duff is not travelling due to injury. I'd give Keane a maximum of 20 minutes play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

I'll go for 1-1 and it won't be pretty zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

5-0 Keane to get 3.....

No seriously I think he will start, be a strange to see him back tho. I reckon a 2-1 to ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Kevin Kilbane, Rory Delap, Stephen Carr and Paddy Kenny have already pulled out of the Irish squad. And after the Weekend Matches: Damien Duff, Gary Breen and Jason McAteer are all out.

Jonathan Douglas (Blackburn Rovers) Steven Reid (Blackburn Rovers) and Alan Quinn (Sheffield Wednesday) have been added

Revised Rep of Ireland squad: Given (Newcastle United), Colgan (Hibernian), Maybury (Hearts), Cunningham (Birmingham City), Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur), Harte (Leeds United), O'Brien (Newcastle United), O'Shea (Manchester United), Miller (Celtic), Roy Keane (Manchester United), A Reid (Nottingham Forest), S Reid (Blackburn Rovers), Quinn (Sheffield Wednesday), Holland (Charlton Athletic), Kinsella (West Bromwich Albion), Douglas (Blackburn Rovers), Lee (Cardiff City), Connolly (West Ham United), Robbie Keane (Tottenham Hotspur), Morrison (Birmingham City).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Given,Oshea,Harte,Cuningham,O'brien,miller,keane,holland,reid,keane,morrison.

obviously a few changes during the game......

that'd be my prediction tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    Revised Rep of Ireland squad: Given (Newcastle United), Colgan (Hibernian), Maybury (Hearts), Cunningham (Birmingham City), Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur), Harte (Leeds United), O'Brien (Newcastle United), O'Shea (Manchester United), Miller (Celtic), Roy Keane (Manchester United), A Reid (Nottingham Forest), S Reid (Blackburn Rovers), Quinn (Sheffield Wednesday), Holland (Charlton Athletic), Kinsella (West Bromwich Albion), Douglas (Blackburn Rovers), Lee (Cardiff City), Connolly (West Ham United), Robbie Keane (Tottenham Hotspur), Morrison (Birmingham City).

Jason Byrne of Shelbourne has been added to the squad according to their website.

Originally posted by SteM
    Jason Byrne of Shelbourne has been added to the squad according to their website.
    and Coventry City's Graham Barrett and Michael Doyle

Revised Republic of Ireland squad: Given (Newcastle United), Colgan (Hibernian), Maybury (Hearts), Cunningham (Birmingham City), Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur), Harte (Leeds United), O'Brien (Newcastle United), O'Shea (Manchester United), Miller (Celtic), Roy Keane (Manchester United), A Reid (Nottingham Forest), S Reid (Blackburn Rovers), Quinn (Sheffield Wednesday), Barrett (Coventry City), Doyle (Coventry City), Kinsella (West Bromwich Albion), Douglas (Blackburn Rovers), Lee (Cardiff City), Byrne (Shelbourne), Robbie Keane (Tottenham Hotspur), Morrison (Birmingham City).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by SteM
    I'd love to see him get a few minutes. I'm not actually a fan of his but I think he would link up really well with Robbie, they are also cousins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

• Advertisement

Roy Keane's OUT??
    Roy Keane has pulled out of the Republic of Ireland's friendly international against Poland in Bydgoszcz with a hamstring injury.

Keane stayed behind at the team hotel in Portmarnock as the rest of the squad departed for the airport.

The Corkman had taken a full part in the squad's training session in Malahide this morning - the first time he has trained with his country since his infamous pre-World Cup bust-up with former manager Mick McCarthy in Saipan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What time is kick-off? I heard it was an early one, 5o'clock?

Also, does anybody else think that Kerr deserves a lot of credit for occasionally adding League of Ireland players to the squad?
    I think it's a really positive thing and it should help with the development of the Irish League. It sends out the message that you don't have to be playing in England to get your call up!

B.

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I'd love to see him get a few minutes. I'm not actually a fan of his but I think he would link up really well with Robbie, they are also cousins.

I'd just like to see him given a run because our options up front are really limited. Someone like Connolly has had his chance and I don't think much of him. Perhaps Byrne will impress?

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    What time is kick-off? I heard it was an early one, 5o'clock?

Yup, it's a 5 o'clock kickoff. Coverage starts on Sky at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I didn't see that one coming! :rolleyes:

It isn't much of a suprise that Keane has pulled out but this time i believe him. He done the hard part in meeting the players and training so I don't see any reason why he wouldn't have travelled to Poland other than injury. This is really looking more and more like Greece-v-Ireland, zzzzzzzz.

I wouldn't even begin to predict the lineup as I'm still expecting more withdrawals. Robbie is a doubt, I wanted him to break the goalscoring record befor the qualifiers and Poland would've been a good side to get a goal or two against.

Positions for Clubs:
    GK: Given, Colgan
    DL: O'Shea, Harte
    DR: Maybury
    DC: Doherty, Cunningham, O'Brien
    ML: A Reid, Quinn
    MR: S Reid
    MC: Miller, Barrett (?), Doyle, Kinsella, Douglas
    FC: Keane, Lee, Byrne, Morrison.

One word: bruthal. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Aye it's beginning look like 'one of those games' alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Still think we will win 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

3-1 with an early dodgey goal for ther poles .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

a hard fought win for ireland 2 - 1

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bizmark
    Still think we will win 2-0
    You should put a bet on them at 2/1. If i was to put a bet on it would be Poland to be winning at half time but fail to win at 10/1. And my €1 bet (which i do with every bet), No Corner in the entire match, 100/1.

Advertisement