Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the rasmus...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

http://www.therasmus.com/biography/

have you read their biography, they are so far up their own arses its unreal.

go to 'the band' and you'll find **** like this:

"Lauri, a singer whose voice is full of fire and soaring beauty,
    is also one of the most appreciated composers in Finland today."

"He [bass player] finds his strength in meditation and music. "Sahaja yoga gives me a peace of mind", the soulful bass player explains.":rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

I remember watching some music program and they said these were the ones to watch out for in 2004. That given the success on mainland Europe they're gonna be a massive hit. In the shadows is probably the only decent song on the album which isnt saying much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Energetic, rambunctious and powerful are three words that describe The
    Rasmus best.

exactly the three words I would have chosen, had I been asked. that's uncanny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ziggy-Stardust

I love that band, but hate In the Shadows with a fiery hot passion. Some of their older stuff is really great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭the cat

My rock chick wannabe friend likes them...that says enough for me.
    the singer isnt bad looking though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Originally posted by the cat
    the singer isnt bad looking though

If you like men who look like rabbits

Originally posted by Fozzy
    If you like men who look like rabbits

He doesnt look like a rabbit....hmm?? Rabbits dont have black hair with feathers in it.
    His hair is probably the only thing thats nice about him.
    and hes got money...which is always an advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

First time I saw the guy, I thought he had the head of a rabbit, then I realised they were feathers in his hair. Maybe he's some sort of rabbit/bird clone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

umm.... can someone tell me what the deal is with the feathers? what exactly are they meant to represent?
    you can bet from the quotes someone posted earlier that there's some really deep, philosophical, and ultimately ársey meaning behind them, like that they represent the ethereal beauty of a finnish fjord or some such bunkum....

Originally posted by Fozzy
    First time I saw the guy, I thought he had the head of a rabbit, then I realised they were feathers in his hair. Maybe he's some sort of rabbit/bird clone.

Exactly hes a rabbit/bird clone who has an obsession with saying "oh oh" continuously aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

it was on tv again today

i watched it

*sob*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

oh god
    you poor thing you
    yeah i agree with most of the above
    they are ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Gerry

bah..mainstream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

The Rasmus's In the Shadows is annoying at this point, but there other songs are alot better. Have a listen to their album, and you might change your mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Any of ye heard any of their older albums?

See HIM are coming back here again in October btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

They are brilliant! I cant stop listening to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i heard them first when i was in germany for a few days..''in the shadows'' sounded good over there, it was to do with the atmosphere or something,but over here i'm not that excited about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 villain_97

While I admit they are not all that ''Rocky'' I actually think The Rasmus are pretty decent.They really get clubs going,and their music has great energy.We should be glad to see new bands appearing (especially Scandanavian bands who don't attempt to resemble ABBA!!).They have potential and in a few years could be one of the best Rock Bands

if all the other real rock artists died in the next couple of years, then yes.. maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Living in Germany and the Rasmus and HIM are huge here, and while on Finnish bands so is Nightwish. Not too impressed on the Rasmus, trying too hard to be mainstream and their songs begin to annoy after a while. Some of their older stuff is ok, like Falling and Days. Plus I heard they are s***e live. Saw HIM live last month, he headlined the Provinsirock festival in Finland. I was impressed with the performance, the guy can really sing!! Haven't seen Nightwish live but I really like their older stuff, not too impressed with their new album, apart from Nemo, plus I can't stop playing their Gary Moore cover of "Over the hills and far away"!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Doesn't take away from the fact that HIM are a total Sentenced rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Aye, even though I prefer older sentenced stuff I think that HIM have screwed Sentenced over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

So what if they are commercial or are played on MTV that doesnt diminsh the fact that they are a good band. Irish rockers have such an Immature attitude to music, they like a band at first and as soon as they hear them on 2fm or see their video on MTV they pretend that they never liked them,as liking bands who are "commercial" is uncool :rolleyes: . Metallica arguabley have more teenybopper fans these days than the rasmus and nobody bitches about them being too commercial even if they are on MTV.

Its also worth noting the fact that after metallica shot their first video "one" a lot of their original hardcore fans deserted them as after making a video they had "sold out".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

oh **** ya, and the new song kinda reminds me of thwe other one. seem to only know how to write those chourus' with one or two words

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Its also worth noting the fact that after metallica shot their first video "one" a lot of their original hardcore fans deserted them as after making a video they had "sold out".
    That is different. Metallica promised their fans that they would never sell out or play any videos when they first started out. Then they done the exact opposite and became possibly one of the most commercial "metal" bands ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 villain_97

it never ceases to amase me how many people limit their enjoyment of music by aligning themselves on a precise spectrum of the music compass.I'd call myself a rock fan but If I hear a good song from another genre I'll admit that it is a good or a good band.Some guys I know that are into rap just hate all other forms of music without even listening to it.strange the way people limit themselves.The Rasmus wouldn't be the genre I'd prefer but I'll admit I enjoy some of their stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭princess penny

Ive been watching, Ive been waiting in the shadows uh oh uh oh this songs so ****, I should be killed, blah blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

villain_97 wrote:
    it never ceases to amase me how many people limit their enjoyment of music by aligning themselves on a precise spectrum of the music compass.

Peer pressure, acting "cool"and trying to fit in to a certain crowd of people has a lot to do with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

There are worse bands than The Rasmus. I thought In the Shadows was good the first time I heard it but its really annoying now, Guilty completely sucks. One of their earlier albums, Playboys, is quite good.

Lauri Ylonen is hot though.

Catherine[Ville Valo is quite scary looking though]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

"if all the other real rock artists died in the next couple of years, then yes.. maybe"

heh heh.. yeah.

The Rasmus are a load of crap. I'm sure they're record label chose their image and sound to fit some target market. And if I see another 12 year old wearing a black HIM hoodie I'll go mad. It's getting as bad as the Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit kids a few years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement