Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qu. for Soccer "forum" mods.

Options
  • 26-04-2004 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

why do some users need to get 2 other users to vouch for them & others get immediate access without having 2 users to vouch for them?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Because some people are worthy of vouching for themselves (or, for all intents and purposes, the mods trust them enough for the mod to personally vouch for them), whereas others aren't....

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Originally posted by seamus
    Because some people are worthy of vouching for themselves

you coluld have just said - "mods buddies" - instead. yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

No, they could have said "people who we know can behave themselves", but that would have been a little insulting to the likes of yourself, wouldn't it?

You're going the right way about never getting in...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by ambasite
    I didn't for a reason. There are plenty of people who've earned the right to get in, despite not knowing the mod. I'm not a mate of Gandalf's, but I'd get in if I asked.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Please let ambasite in as soon as possible, we're clearly missing out on a great poster!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Please let ambasite in as soon as possible, we're clearly missing out on a great poster!!!

:D

As far as I can see ambasite, Gandalf has already rejected giving you access. Why post to gain access again on the access request forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by seamus
    I'm not a mate of Gandalf's, but I'd get in if I asked.....

I wouldn't bet on it :p

this really is turning into a steaming pile of horse sh*t. all i was asking for was access to soccer forum. ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Neigh.

From what I can see you asked and were refused,so you asked again and were refused.

And now your acting like a 15 year old who has been turned away by a door man

"I am 18 ya fookin bollex"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Don't think so mate...I don't know any of the mods from adam ( or eve ).

Frankly, if your kicking up such a fuss, and slagging them and other users off, then you don't really stand a chance of getting access.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

im glad this came in on the soccer forum!!! i got fed up of reading flame threads over and over!!! from little muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What's the big deal anyway - it's just a game. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Originally posted by Asok
    Neigh.

From what I can see you asked and were refused,so you asked again and were refused.

And now your acting like a 15 year old who has been turned away by a door man

"I am 18 ya fookin bollex"

And the rules are there for a reason. Look through some of the old threads and you'll see the amount of shit that gandalf&co put up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by Tellox
    And the rules are there for a reason. Look through some of the old threads and you'll see the amount of shit that gandalf&co put up with
    yeah needless sh!t at that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Quite right too ! Keep all that rubbish out of the forum, no need for it at all !

Ban the trouble makers and . . oh . . they already did didn't they. . so why is there still crap being posted . . . ?

Ah well, at least they got rid of all those nasty manu fans . . !:rolleyes:

ZENER

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by ZENER
    Quite right too ! Keep all that rubbish out of the forum, no need for it at all !

Ban the trouble makers and . . oh . . they already did didn't they. . so why is there still crap being posted . . . ?

ZENER
    ahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bloody soccer hooligans... can't bring them anywhere.
    Haven't seen such tight controls over a board since the Counter Strike forums a few years ago, really makes me wonder what's happening on the soccer board to create such a fuss... but that quickly passes when I realise I hate football and can't be arsed. :p

Originally posted by ZENER

ZENER

now, now, don't be going and upsetting the Thought Police, you might get into REALLY BIG TROUBLE.

i would have only wasted my keystrokes on the soccer "forum" anyways with lines lines like - 'Queens Park Rangers, will they hold on to that second automatic promotion place or bottle it again like last season?' or 'Cork City, what the f*ck is going on? What is Dolan playing at?'...

heeeeeeeeeeeeey, heeeeeeeeeeeeey baby,

ooh aah,

i wanna know ooh ooh,

when i can post......

heeeeeeeeeeeeey, heeeeeeeeeeeeey baby,

(repeat to fade) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

now, now, don't be going and upsetting the Thought Police, you might get into REALLY BIG TROUBLE.

Going by the standard of your posts to date, I don't think the soccer forum is any the poorer for your abscence.

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Going by the standard of your posts to date, I don't think the soccer forum is any the poorer for your abscence.

Care to elaborate? What standard of post do you think I should aspire to in future in order to make a useful / interesting / meaningful contribution to these threads? There must be something in them, however minute, if you saw fit to reply. By the way, what does 'abscene' mean?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

This question was already answered and you're not doing yourself any favours.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement