Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exceeded cap on IOL BB

• 26-04-2004 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

You have exceeded your download limit for this month!
    Logins 33
    Offpeak Traffic 21466 minutes
    Peak Traffic 7744 minutes
    Data uploaded 6.81 GB [7317212396 bytes]
    Data downloaded 16.03 GB [17213923741 bytes]

From what i've read here peopel seemed to be cut off if they exceeded the cap but I havn't been, I'd like to know if I'm gonna be charged per megabyte as they reserve the right to do if you exceed the cap, anyone else done this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm wondering why they bother splitting traffic into peak and offpeak any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

From IOL's site for IOL Broaddand Plus:
    You are entitled to free upload or download of up to 16Gigabytes of data in any given month. This is double the allowance on the eircom home starter plus service.

If you go over this generous limit then we reserve the right to charge you for any additional data (at 3cent inc VAT per MB)

The 16GB limit refers to both upload and download. You will be entitled to use 16GB in either direction without penalty. i.e. you can upload 15GB and download 15GB in the same month without penalty. However if you upload 4GB and download 17GB then your account will be suspended

This data allowance is calculated on a daily basis and if you are consistently above this amount we reserve the right to suspend or permanently disconnect your account during the first month you go over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

You have a bit of leeway - not sure what it is with bband plus. prob at least 1 gb. Haven't heard of anyone being cut off on plus yet though. Better to now push it to much as they can charge you.

Advertisement