Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Stephen King Novel?

Options
  • 26-04-2004 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

For me, Definitely ... "The Gunslinger" series...

No book has ever forced me to use my imagination as much as that series.

Maybe "Mutiny On The Bounty" ... but I forget who wrote it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Either The Stand or The Dark Tower series - aka The Gunslinger series.... but I haven't finished it yet. Waiting for Wolves Of The Calla to go to softback, as the hard back is €36! Which I can't afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I really like "Desperation" for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭jerenaugrim

The Shining.
    Oh, and The Tommyknockers, obviously the product of a disintegrating mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

definately The Shining and The Green Mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I always liked The Dead Zone, his short story collections are excellent too Dolans Caddilac from Nightmares and Dreamscapes is an amazing story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

1. The Stand
    2. It
    3. The Dead Half
    4. Pet Semetary (hmm, this one, despite being pretty trashy, holds a special place in my heart, being the first of King's books I read)
    5. Four Till Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭jerenaugrim

Originally posted by Scratch Acid
    1. The Stand
    2. It
    3. The Dead Half
    4. Pet Semetary (hmm, this one, despite being pretty trashy, holds a special place in my heart, being the first of King's books I read)
    5. Four Till Midnight

3- Shd that be The Dead Zone, or The Dark Half? ;)

4- I think Pet Semetary is Stephen King's best horror novel. The ending still gives me goosepimples...

ha, I can't believe i wrote that...
    I meant The Dark Half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Salems Lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Misery was the one that had me hooked and sat up the whole night to complete it in one sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

ill be mad and go for the only one ive read:

hearts in atlantis, i thought it was superb, shame the film sucked balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carpocrates

my favourite one was the one about the writer who had been previously successful but was now suffering writers block and the some horrible creature turns up and it seems only by retracing the painful events from his childhood, which he had long buried, and meeting his childhood friends again after all those years who had all gained weight but for him and the cute girl he used to have a crush on. They finally defeat the creature by facing up to the horrors they never could as children in a traumatic climax which kills at least one of his friends. Have you read that one?

my favourite one was the one about the writer who had been previously successful but was now suffering writers block and the some horrible creature turns up and it seems only by retracing the painful events from his childhood, which he had long buried, and meeting his childhood friends again after all those years who had all gained weight but for him and the cute girl he used to have a crush on. They finally defeat the creature by facing up to the horrors they never could as children in a traumatic climax which kills at least one of his friends. Have you read that one?

erm, my sarcasm detector is acting up...
    if you were actually serious there, thats 'IT'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carpocrates

wasn't it also the dark half, at least....?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Also "Secret Window, Secret Garden", to an extent.... seems to be a recurring theme in his books.

Advertisement