Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 knackered

Options
  • 26-04-2004 11:51am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Need some help with fixing my PS2. It was acting up for a while not reading PS1 import games but I could fix it by, eh, hoovering my PS2. However it just isn't reading import PS1 games anymore which is a pain since I was deep in a game of Lunar. Anyone know how to fix it without resorting to drastic measures.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Does it still read PS2 discs?

Hoovers are very good for cleaning floors but I think using it on the PS2 wasn't a smart move. What did you do? ... open it and have a good vacuum away. Generally I've found that lens cleaning discs are far more effective.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it isn't reading anything now and its definitely a disc reading error. I just used the hoover on the fan to get rid of dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Your laser is screwed theres loads of faqs on the net about adjusting it but ultimat;ey you are gonna need a new laser or a new ps2
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retro,

Get yourself a nice new Aqua one. Sure it was only a matter of time before your ps2 broke with all the use you give it playing RPGs.

See can you get away with trading it in to GAME or Gamespot. They usually just check does it power up. Just give them a fake address for the trade-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by clownboy
    See can you get away with trading it in to GAME or Gamespot. They usually just check does it power up. Just give them a fake address for the trade-in.

Karma, dude, karma :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I haven't the money at the moment to get a new PS2 and get it chipped. I'm going to try cleaning the lens tonight and if that doesn't work adjusting the voltage to the laser. I'll probably electrocute myself in the process but its a small price to pay for a working PS2.

Advertisement