Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I attack the darkness !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

They didn't mention the Bendi-Toys....why does nobody ever remember the Bendi-Toys?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I dont remember the Bendi toys? what in gods green goose were they?

Toys.....that were bendy.....

Bendi-Toy was a popular brand back in the days when Action Man was....not bendy.

Anyway, there were a range of official D&D branded Bendi-Toys. I can''t remember all the details of the range because I was too indignant at the whole sellout issue at the time to take thorough notice but I do remember an orc and a dwarf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/adnd/adnd.html

I missed soooooo much... though I did have a bendy orc :)

hmm, I also had that bendy Hydra :) didnt know it was an official toy at the time. It just appeared in my toybox one day as if by magic..... wonder if it's still floating around in the attic somewhere.

Well all I can say is Thank God's Green Goose someone else remembers! I was beginning to think I imagined the whole of my life from the ages of about 14 and 25....jeez....good job I didn't, otherwise I would be guilty of possessing the world's worst imagination...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Specky
    ! I was beginning to think I imagined the whole of my life from the ages of about 14 and 25....

I think that's probably the case with me since i was an 80's kid and dont remember it?

wonder if it's still floating around in the attic somewhere

I think Hydra are capable of hovering for short periods...

80's kid

Difficult to imagine being an 80s kid, me being a 60s kid...

I mean you missed all the psychodelic and flower power stuff, missed punk...missed all the good stuff really...

I imagine being born in the 80s would probably be a little like ariving late in the pub when everyone else is already pissed.

Originally posted by Specky
    I imagine being born in the 80s would probably be a little like ariving late in the pub when everyone else is already pissed.

Better than being a 90's kid or god forbid a 00 kid (guess this puter isnt y2k compliant), imagine being a kid now you'd have to watch stuff like pokemon and yugeo (sp?)

80's werent that bad we had he-man and thundercats

I never could quite tell the difference between those two...
    pokemon and yugeo

...and I really have an extremely hard time telling the difference between those...and Digimon...and why can't anyone actually explain to me exactly what they all are???

I mean, large muscly men with feline features driving around in big cars...that makes sense, or a man who'e actually a skeleton...but he's really a man....like a skeleton...yep, I understand. Or what about a robot that can change into a car shaped like a dinosaur...and if it gets into a fight can jump up in the air and magically join up with lots of other robot/car/dinosaur type entitys and become a really big robot/car/entity....all seems very sensible.

But small Japanese cuddly toys that can throw feathers and spew water and can't say anything else except their own name...and that allow annoying kids with extremely pointy noses (and girls in sailor suits...er-hum....) to collect them and somehow cram them into little coloured balls...what the hell's that all about!?!?

Can't wait for 60 year's time when everyone's gathered around the piano giving it "come on Grandma, sing us one of the old songs"...oh my giddy aunt....

• Advertisement

Can't wait for 60 year's time

Hmmm...actually maybe I can wait. I will then be 100 and almost certainly either dead or cryogenically frozen awaiting the discovery of a cure for terminal bum scratching syndrome....in the vat next to Walt Disney....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

You forgot dragonball z there Specky. Ive never watched it but it looks the same in the ads.

We had so many quality cartoons. Kids are so deprived these days. I mean Transformers Armada. How they get away with putting the name transformers on that tripe I dont know. Im gonna stop now before this turns into a rant.

We had so many quality cartoons

Was it HeMan or Thundercats that had a "Psychological advisor" listed in the credits?

Maybe that's what Pokeman is missing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭tank

probably both specky,

what pokemon is missing is several shots to the head with a blunt shovel ......repetedly

got the end of the 80's stuff and id have to agree 80's cartoon's were cool. can we ever forget samarui pizza cat's ........................................................................ yes i think we can .

Advertisement