Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Reid on way to Spurs

• 26-04-2004 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Link to BBC Story
    Andy Reid could leave Nottingham Forest this summer after boss Joe Kinnear revealed the club have a "gentlemen's agreement" to sell him to Tottenham.
    Kinnear admitted the agreement was made prior to his arrival, with Spurs ready to pay £5m for the Irishman.

The Forest boss told BBC Radio Nottingham: "Nothing is sealed, nothing is done, but they have had a natter.

"I wouldn't want to go across anything that has been agreed but I think he's far too cheap at £5m."

The Forest boss added: "Other clubs would be interested. Why put all our eggs in one basket?

"I'm having more say now, but what I would say to our chairman is look carefully, listen first, before you make any moves, and why not £10m?"

Just what Spurs need - aonther attacker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

poor ping chow chi will be devastated ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

spurs need quality, and andy reid is quality :)

Anyway, you can bet if they ever appoint a manager, he will want to bring his own men in, and get rid of some dead wood that is there at the moment (like pleat!!) Stephen Carr wants to leave, I think thats clear, I would not be shocked if someone bought him for quite big money.

A few of the tossers are leaving from midfield (poyet for example), and they will basically need to get 2, 3 people able to play in the middle as Ledley king (central defender) and robbie do most of the midfield work while redknapp stands about looking pretty. I like Brown, but he is still young, and they need steel in the middle (along the lines of David batty 5 years ago!) as thats been their problem, just collapsing when teams come at them - see the 'famous' game agiainst man city for example!

but anyway for all their strikers they still cant score goals for sh1t :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

One thing is for sure Andy will be leaving the City Ground in the summer but to Spurs??

I though the reason he's leaving is to go to a bigger club than Forest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Tough one to call this...Could be great for reid, playing premiership ball. On the other hand, he could be going to a team thats on the down. Would have been great to see him go to a team like Villa or Birmingham....Seems alot to be spending for a 1st divison player tho, if its all 5 mil going straight away. Maybe if the deal was sructured depending on preformance or whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by kida

Just what Spurs need - aonther attacker

No, a much needed creative midfielder is nearer the mark.

This could be a great move for him, he'd be guaranteed first team football and would be playing with a young squad who have shown plenty of promise in the past(but have little in the way of confidence at the moment). The choice of new manager will have a large bearing on how this works out for him, Spurs, and Ireland.

Here's hoping...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by therecklessone
    The choice of new manager will have a large bearing on how this works out for him, Spurs, and Ireland.
    Who knows, its probably the "new" manager who wants Reid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Believe me Kida, if Andy Reid joins Spurs you will NOT be disappointed. Having watched him quite frequently for the past couple of years I cant heap enough praise on him. The number of goals he manages to create and score from central or left midfield is sensational. I only hope he'll join my beloved Southampton before Spurs, who I belive would be waste his talent (I know I probably sound like a hypocrite there, but I have my reasons).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Reidy was almost in tears when the team gave their 'victory lap' at the last home match. So I am guessing he will be off.

Dez Walker was in tears... I'll miss the pair of them :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by Ping Chow Chi
    Reidy was almost in tears when the team gave their 'victory lap' at the last home match. So I am guessing he will be off.

Dez Walker was in tears... I'll miss the pair of them :(:(

Yeah shame end of an era - Dessie, the word 'legend' is not overused in his case

Hopefully the money from Reid' sale will be given to Joe to work his magic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Kinnear would win the league mcgaever style if only he had a £10 , a match stick and a pen .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

yes it was emotional saying goodbye to Dez (I hope that he is arround in some form next season)

we where singing 'you'll never beat Dez Walker' almost everytime the man touched the ball.

As someone said above - if Reid goes to Spurs, you will not be dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

looks pretty defo now, a friendly has been set up between the clubs, something that has been done in the past as part of the deal.... ie jenas to newcastle

Advertisement