Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

coaching courses?

• 26-04-2004 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

i have my foundation level(football) course done and id like to move on up....whats the next levelup and how do i go about getting on such a course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Sorry klong, I havent got a clue, but I'd like to ask a few questions on the foundation course

- was it any good / worth doing?

- how much did it cost?

- where did it take place - your local club or did you have to go somewhere?

- did it all take place on the pitch or is there a written element to it or a classroom and blackboard session (for tactics)?

- how long did the course last?

- can anybody go on them or do you have to be nominated by your club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

- was it any good / worth doing?
    i felt it was good for the experience,being able to coach absolute beginners was nice.

- how much did it cost?
    nothing

- where did it take place - your local club or did you have to go somewhere?
    my secondary school

- did it all take place on the pitch or is there a written element to it or a classroom and blackboard session (for tactics)?
    it was all outdoors. there is no tactics involved. it teaches beginners how to play gaelic football,thats it,and teaches you how to coach these beginners

- how long did the course last?
    we did a pre-lim which lasted 5/6weeks (2 hrs a weeki think it was), then the actual coaching was another5 weeks or so,2 hrs a week

- can anybody go on them or do you have to be nominated by your club?
    i did it through my secondary school as part of TY so i dont know exactly

the problem with us was that for the pre-lim everybody had todoit,then only those who were interested in doing the whole course actually got to do the coaching so there was plenty of messing :mad:
    because of that, we probably should have been taught more than we were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭powerage22

level one is the next course. i did it a few years ago. Had something like 2hours one evening for a few weeks and then two practical sessions. Pretty good course overall, covers all sorts of stuff from diet to overcoaching etc. You are given a log book at the end, which you fill in with your teams details, training sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

there was a logbook to fill in during the foundation also.
    did you (powerage22) do your through your club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭powerage22

Yeah i did it through my club. The county board (kerry) organise them from time to time and ask the clubs to send in names of people who are interested

• Advertisement
Advertisement