Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonar Festival 2004 - Barcelona

• 26-04-2004 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hey.

Has anybody ever been to this festival?
    Is it worth it?
    Whats the lineup this year?

All info appreciated - cant get the sonar site to work (which would answer all my q's)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

For some feckin reason that site wont open for me. No problem, will try later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

very disappointing lineup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

very disappointing is a ****ing understatement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

It'll be great. Seriously. When I first went I think I only of about three acts on the lineup but the amount of good music during the three days was crazy.

Here's what I'm looking forward to thi year:

Pan Sonic: Sexy industrial noise.

Prefuse 73: Don't think I have to explain this one.

Roots Manuva: Like The Streets, only actually very good.

Suzanna and The Magic Band: One of the members of Jaga Jazzist is in it, auotmatically means it's going to be very good.

Human Audio Sponge: A guy I know living in Japan said these are the best thing ever.

2 Many DJ's : Better than paying e25 to see them in the red box.

Beans: The best MC of what was Anti-Pop Consortium. Sometimes I think his solo stuff is better than anything APC produced.

Four Tet: More kicking live than he is on record.

Boom Bip: I think he has his live band with him for this show so it should be great. Seed To Sun is one of my favourite albums from the past couple of years.

Jeff Mills: It could be argued that you haven't really seen Jeff Mills until you've been to Sonar.

And there's loads of other stuff aswell. Anyway Sonar isn't all about the music.

There's also various other music events on during the week aswell, such as The Wrong Festival, which had Hrvatski, DJ /Rupture and Donna Summer playing last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

check out Patife and cleveland watkiss on the second last night as well... you'll have to sit throught the so solid crewq first but patife is a wicked wicked wicked dj and cleveland watkiss is a legendary jazz vocalist and drum and bass mc...

patife and marky and xrs were responsible for the whole brazilian invasion in drum and bass last year and the year before.... really summery uplifting fun drum and bass, energetically played by one of the best scratchers in dance music. go see him!

Originally posted by drane2

Jeff Mills: It could be argued that you haven't really seen Jeff Mills until you've been to Sonar.

it could also be argued that his sonar set from last year was possibly the worst set of all time

Possibly. I wasn't there last year and I only watched him for about 10 minutes the year before. But it is a ****ing incredible experience to walk into a room the size of an airport hanger, with 10,000 people off their heads with this incredibly loud and fast music playing yet you can't actually see where it's coming from.

10,000 people off their heads doesnt appeal to me ANYWHERE, no matter whos playin

Fair enough, it doesn't appeal to me either really. But it's an experience nonetheless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement