Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS backups not running

Options
  • 26-04-2004 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Wondered if any one could help with a problem?

Im running a back up job every night on a couple of Win2K servers, but unless I'm actually logged on at the time of the back up via terminal services they don't run. If I disconnect the session, they don't run, and If I log off they don't run either which is kind of a pain in the whatnots...

They're backing up to a file server and not a tape, there's Tera's of space on the server and nothing in the logs indicating any issues. I have a 2003 server that's seems to be backing up OK with the same procedures (although sometimes that fails for absolutely no reason that I can see)...

Has anyone one had a similar problem with scheduling back up jobs ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

It sound slike a permission issue.

Have you scheduled your backup to run with a user context that has permissions to complete it?

Generally a backup operator requires 'backup operators' permissions to complete a backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kerpal's Dog

The back up job is running from the administrator account, so I'm guessing its got enough permisions to run... Unless there's something stranage with the permisions that need to be run by a member of the back up group and not the admin...

Advertisement