Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comp Sci NUIM BSc or BA

Options
  • 26-04-2004 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the BA in Comp Sci & the BSc in Comp Sci in Maynooth. I know the BA is only three years, but is it worth anything? what would the advantage in a BA be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Do yourself a favour and steer well clear of computer science.It's very,very hard, the pass rate is crap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

BA *tends* to be more towards design and general computer skills, rather than Computer Science, which is what the BSc is. This isn't strictly true though.

I know in UCD as well the BA is three years, while the BSc is usually 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Do yourself a favour and steer well clear of computer science.It's very,very hard, the pass rate is crap too.
    Look Im in software development in another college, i've seen your exams & the description of your subjects. I am confident that I'll be able to do it.

Thanks seamus, if I have a BA can I get a masters/phd after or do I need to do extra years to make up for the fact that its a 3 year course?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Try messaging flameboy - I *think* he's doing the BA in it in NUIM.

Advertisement