Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your poison??

• 26-04-2004 5:18pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok simple.what is your fav drink and why and what is your most disguisting drink and WHY ???

My fav has gotta be miller.tis just the nicest beer ever.Dunno if many people drink it though.

Most disguisting drink ever is pepe lopez.think its a type of tequila but drank it one night when i was out at a concert and got so hammered i was getting sick everywhere all that night and the next. If i even see a bottle of it i feel sick now.

Oh heres a good one try out. A shot of red aftershock and a shot of brandy together in the one glass and down in one. Its not bad and its the strongest mix your gonna get.2 of those and your in tatters for the rest of the night. Pure class.

Throw up a few mixers if ya got any

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Oh heres a good one try out. A shot of red aftershock and a shot of brandy together in the one glass and down in one. Its not bad and its the strongest mix your gonna get.2 of those and your in tatters for the rest of the night. Pure class

What a waste of perfectly good brandy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

i know i'm guy and whatever but my favourite drink is smirnoff black ice. that dring is teh ****. i hate beer makes me sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Worst Has to be Desperados - its tequila flavoured beer,****ing sick stuff.

Nicest is Heinken :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm a simple man in my tastes.

Budwieser, JD/SC whiskey, and white russians when I'm feeling a bit fruity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

food/drink just thought i'd point this out my good deed for the day:D but while its here i might as well say gin and a dash of orange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

My sip of choice would be Murphys.. as long as you don't get a bloody awful pint of it. Nice pints of which normally found in old man pubs.

The one drink I'll stay away from is Budweiser. Even a couple of pints of it are 100% certain to make me projectile vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

i know what you mean beer is disgusting lads only drink it to be macho

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by TrickyRicky
    i know what you mean beer is disgusting lads only drink it to be macho
    Nah, I enjoy Carlsberg and I'd hardly ever be accused of doing anything to be macho....
    After a couple of those, I switch to alcopops, Smirnoff (Black) Ice or Bacardi Breezers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Whiskey, or Heiniken if I'm feeling socialable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Best: Carlsberg Export.
    Worst: Any American "beer" or any of those alcopop things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don't drink anymore but used to love bottled Miller (the pints you get in town taste like piss, even the cans taste better), Corona Extra and Erdinger. Also loved Blarney Blonde in the Franciscan Well in Cork. Sweet drink wise, Long island iced teas are lovely, as are Black Russians, Blue lagoons and several other cocktails that I can't think of off-hand.

Most disgusting drink ever is Tequilla, tastes like the worm at the bottom of the bottle is simply the one that escaped being ground up and made into a drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

not tried too many alcoholic drinks...

favourite: not found it yet!
    worst: beer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Guinness for me.. cant drink lager any more, makes me feel sick... as do most shots, all since afew bad experiences (although when pushed I do enjoy afew spirits here and there)

When Im in a classy mood, and I have the money, I go for the lovely White Russian... mmm mmm

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stout: Guinness
    Lager: Miller
    Cider: Bulmers ( pint bottle only )

I switch and change between so much, I don't have a favourite, but different drinks for different moods. I will not drink Carlsberg, even the smell of it makes me wretch.

I won't drink Guinness in a pub thats not my local, or where someone has told me it's exceptionally nice. Definitely not in any of these "Super Pubs" in Dublin City.

Miller is the nicest bottled beer, but I like the pints too.

Also, I like Jim Beam, with ONE cube of ice. Or failing that Jack Daniels is not a bad substitute.

I am also partial to the odd Black Russian, but I cannot stand if it is made with Kahlua instead of Tia Maria, and has to have that oul Guinness head.

If I'm on the very cheap, I do like the cans of Oranjeboom, very smooth, for what it is.

----

edit://

I also like Ale, but you can't get a nice one here, unless you go into the Porter House or Messrs. Maguire that make their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by Kingp35
    its the strongest mix your gonna get.2 of those and your in tatters for the rest of the night.
    why would you want to do this???

i like smithwicks

and fagotty cocktails

Originally posted by seansouth

I am also partial to the odd Black Russian, but I cannot stand if it is made with Kahlua instead of Tia Maria, and has to have that oul Guinness head.

Hate when they make it with Tia Maria myself, need the kaluha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Carlsberg/Guiness/Bushmills

Most cocktails, if you're chatting to me at the next boards beer, ask me about the Red Hanger but don't expect me to pay for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Miller is my favourite beer - I like tiger beer though if im in the money!

JD and coke is lovely but I cant stand whiskey on its own or with anything else.

If im going for shots id go for aftershock :)

Cant stand vodka anymore , or cider. ( used to drink both )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

weed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Usually have Cashels(Hudson blue cans) and then Vodka's n Redbull.

Gotta be sambuca for the shots.......
    Like the JD n coke too...

WHATS YOUR TIPPLE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Depends on where I am. Bottled miller is nice, and archers lime is nice too. If I'm taking shots I'd go for a baby guiness, or blue aftershock.

Worst drink ever has to be orange bacardi breezer, its so sticky and disgusting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

best: schloer (notoriously difficult to find though :/ )
    worst: almost everything with alcohol in it.. oh and beetroot juice

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

worst: blue aftershock, it made me so sick one night!
    best: miller!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

best: Tequilla, straight or WKD blue
    worst: beer
    southern comfort is pure piss!me and a friend polished off a bottle last weekend...........soooooooo bad............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

best: pint bottle bulmers or jd/coke
    worst: jamaican rum & blakc (even the smell is like a dogs arse)

few ones to try:

experimental use only:(i take accept no liability for anyone/anything violated under the influence of the one!)...

Shot glass
    --- one quarter galliano
    --- one quarter cointreau
    --- one half black bush
    Utterly utterly nasty.

A nice one: southern comfort with peach schnapps and orange juice. goes down easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Best: Guiness
    Worst: B52 (tia, folating on contreau with a baileys head) Couldnt face another ever again after me and a mate polished off a bottle of each after exams last summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Best: Pint bottle of bulmers, no ice in winter, two ice cubes on a hot day, served in a traditional pint glass, not one of those Carlsberg or heineken ones designed to keep the head — they may bulmers go flat.

Worst: Tequila/brandy/whisky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Smithwicks, Guinness, Jameson/Bushmills. Don't drink lager much any more, but I used to always drink Harp.

And as for the macho beer stuff, that's rubbish - the last thing anybody is going to call me is macho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Fav: Erdinger I love.....but it's usually a sixpack of Dutch Gold atm

Worst: Dutch Gold (sick of it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Dun
    but I used to always drink Harp.

Lol, do they still sell that. Used to love the adds. Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Peach schnapps and orange - my old friend. Don't drink it up here though, I'm afraid to get drunk in Dublin. :ninja:

Worst....any kind of beer. Yuck!! I'm such a girl.:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

FAVOURITE Beer - Anything they serve in Munich, be it draft or bottle - Here in Dirty Dublin I drink Miller, best of a bad lot.

Worst - Teqila, OMG this is the foulest tasting, nausia inducing substance known to man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Faverate drink = Absinthe 79%

Worst drink = CDG (Cork Dried Gin)

I like perno quite a bit i remember 1 time myself and another friend split a bottle between us and drak half of it each in less than 1/2 min in shots. Those where the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Good: Leffe (Belgian beer), Erdinger, Carlsberg, Guinness, Miller (bottles only).
    Bad: Carling, Beamish, Harp, Miller (pints).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Generally Guiness or Heiniken.
    JD and coke when I have the cash.

I hate Budweiser. I can tolerate cider but hardly ever drink it.

Cheers
    Rory

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Barbie_666
    southern comfort is pure piss!me and a friend polished off a bottle last weekend...........soooooooo bad............

It's a bit sweet alright, but goes down easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

jameson and ice

SHMOOOTTHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

large bottle of bulmers.. half pint glass with ice and a slice and i'm happy....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dgarrad

Best: old classic vodka and coke, or JD and red bull when I've too much money! :D
    Worst: Myself and a few mates invented the flatliner as a test of manlyness/stupidity:

1 shot of tequila,
    A small layer of Tobasco sauce,
    1 shot sambuca.

Gets you very drunk very fast, but the tobasco shrinks your throat so it's hard to breathe for a few seconds afterwards. Horrible stuff! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by Mordeth
    weed
    thats not poison, its good for ye, alcohol is bad for you, hence the name poison,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

good ole Smithwicks.

American whiskey I'm a tad partial to. I can drink the alcopops aswell...nothing to it.

worst: tia maria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Originally posted by Kaimera

American whiskey I'm a tad partial to. I can drink the alcopops aswell...nothing to it.

You and you're american whiskey. I've yet to see you rat arsed.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

Best:Guinness, gold tequila, any german weiss/ dunkel beer they are all ao damn good

worst: white tequila, vodka, Rum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

Well I got the nickname Hero after a couple of incidents in college and one night whilst creating new cocktails we came across this one which, after a few was noted as being highly dangerous-it was called the 'Hero' :

Black vodka in a pint glass
    Pint of smirnoff ice on top
    Guinness Head.

If its done properly u get black white black.

Looks very cool and gets u very fooked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

cheapest - Tuborg... 6 cans for €7:) (even cheaper in teh country!) its hard to tell the difference between this & carlsberg tbh.

in the pub - erdinger/stella/carlsberg

spirits - southern comfort...

vodka & pretty much any mixer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

My tipple of choice at the moment is strongbow and the worst has to be tequila, even the smell of it makes me retch these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

Peppermint liquer + lemonade :) i like that mouthwash taste.

Despise beer of all shades, *shudder*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Being in Belgium, I really am spoiled for choice, so over here it's usually Duvel, Chimay or Maes. Back home Erdinger, Miller or Stella (bottles where possible). Spirits would be Wild Turkey of Johnnie Walker Black (neat), but only on occassion. Haven't found a shot for fast drinking that I like yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Amstel just to start the night, larger/beer makes me too tired. Then I go onto double vodka and orange, throw in a few black sambuca's and I'm set.

If I'm not going out for the night, I tend to drink bottled beers, Italian ones.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Favourite drinks.....

Budweiser - when it's ice cold it goes down as easily as water
    Sex on the Beach - Mmmmm sweet and creamy
    Tequila - Nice smooth taste - good kick. Great first thing in the morning.

Most disgusting drinks....

Cider -- Too many years of drinking white lightning has caused a general dislike for it. I don't mind too much but when given and told it's a pint of bud (after drinking bud all night long) and I down half the pint in 1 go before I even start to taste it...bad things happen.

Rum (any kind) - Due to an incident while babysitting with a m8 (hey we were told to help ourselves to ANYTHING in the cupboards) where I was dared to gargle/rince my mouth out with it for 10 seconds, i've hated the stuff. You could mix a cocktail with various different spirits and a very tiny amount of rum and i'd probably still pick it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement