Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your poison??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

Best: Southern comfort, i dont care wat anyone says, ive been known to sleep with my arms wrapped around it, Kahula, such a girls drink reminds my of chocolate. Black Russian, but only in moderation-too heavy. Wild Turkey: only when im feeling adventurous.

Worst: aftershock- i still drink it even though it made me sick-eugh!!
    Any of those cheap beers from aldi. Real piss.

And theres one i just dont know where to put, potieen. its a fecking killer but still never say no!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Malibu and Coke,
    or Baileys on ice with milk!! Lovely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Double Wkd with shot of smirnoff and a bit of absynthe in a pint glass-shiznah

Worst-JD & Huzzar with Coke and honey horrible shoit.I dont know why I mixed them but it sounded like a good idea at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Best: Vodka and coke, tequila, red aftershock, pint of Guinness with peanuts, bottle of bud on a sunny day ...rose wine .... or merlot red....

worst: gin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The Good:

Beer: Erdinger. Cold. Slice of lemon. = Happy me.

So nice, and your head is much clearer after a night on it compared to BUD/Heineken.

Hard Stuff: Glenmorangie Scotch (12yrs) and good Rum.

The Bad:

Beer: Fosters - yuch

Hard stuff: Aftershock - Blackout juice, whats fun about not remembering a night out?
    If you wanna get drunk fast, try "Stroh 80" ist 80% Alc (160% proof). makes aftershock look like shandy.

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Fav drink : Guinness

Can no longer drink:Whiskey,Tequila after one to many bad experiences

Good idea after 20 pints : Aftershock, sambuca

Drink but probably shouldn't: Smirnof Ice and Vodka, and concotion really.

Worst hangover: Pints of bulmers that were topped up with vodka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

John Powers and White
    Magners/Bulmers
    Guinness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

forgot my ultimate most horrible drink.... buckfast...yuch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Best : Gin.

I drink nothing but gin - Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray are the best brands. Cork Dry Gin and Dublin Dry Gin are both pretty rank. Gordons is nice. On a nice warm day in the summer, I like a pint of Bulmers with ice or a Guinness Extra Cold.

Worst : That Linden Village cider.....Christ, I used to get locked on that stuff when I was younger. They also used to do a mad cheap sparkling wine called "Vervier" that just got you wankered...... it was £1.50 a bottle.... craziness. Buckfast..... yeugh. And sambuca - I just cant stomach it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

best: Pint bottle of Bulmers, in the South East!
    Jameson, no ice!
    Guinness
    Cheap Beer @ 8.6%
    Tuborg

Worst! :
    TnT or Wild Turkey and Tequila with a guiness back, so sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Best:- Anyhting the used to sell in Belgo!
    Bishop's Finger is nice, Tiger Beer - anything from belgium, Duvel or Chimay etc etc.
    On the spirits front it has to be tequila all the way. Great taste - and haven't gotten sick on it (yet). Grappa is also great - comes in different strength - i had a bottle @70% - was suprisingly drinkable - had a nic etaste too.

Worst:- Jagermeister, aside from its awful taste I associate Jagermeister with falling from great heights and not being able to walk for about a day.
    Cider - when you get really sick @17 on cheap cider - don't want any more f%@cking cider!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

best: budweiser... just goes down the way it's supposed to.

worst: i'll have to agree with davidwwalsh, jagermeister is satan's work

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

Best: Kopperberg - pear cider. Drink of the Gods. It's hard to get though, only in the Brog and the Fransiscan Well in Cork so more often than not I make do with Bulmers pint bottle with ice.

Worst: Heiniken. I just can't stomach the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

ok i suspect someone i won't name names, has got hold of my password and is usin it to post random comments from me in the dark corners of boards, sometimes to forums and threads ive never heard of..............so if u think im sound stupid sayin whatever theyve been ****ein on aboot ignore it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 crazzybastard

nicest: Warm summers day bottle of ice cold miller and a joint
    also in the pubs double vodka and blue WKD in a pint class down in one after 2 your anybodies.

worst: has to be tequila its f**king rotten ****!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

if you want some nice stuff on the continent try passoa. quality stuff especially for playing drinking games with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by crazzybastard
    worst: has to be tequila its f**king rotten ****!!!

people think this because they do shots of it when they are already locked and afterwards they get sick and blame it on the tequila but its acyually the 10 pints they had before.

tequila and dark rum aremy fav spirits, in moderation of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Outside- Buckfast, Dutchgold/ Tuborg
    Inside - Dutch/Tuborg
    If I can afford it- Heiniken

Worst- Budweiser, cant stand the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bigshot

Best: Keiths (A canadian beer) just cant be beaten. Havent had one in bout two years since ya cant get it in ireland but im holidaing in canada this summer and plan on drinkin loads of the stuff.

Worst: Any cider. Had a bad experience with a few cans of "devils bit" on a train to waterford once and havent been able to drink cider since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by Kingp35
    if you want some nice stuff on the continent try passoa. quality stuff especially for playing drinking games with

Yeah..Passoa, real nice. I have a bottle of it at home meself, have a bit every once in a while. A really summery drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Best Beer out.: Have to second bigshots recommendation for Keiths.positively made my summer in toronto.Also Pilsner Urquell(the original pilsner)

Cheap:Bavaria Export(8.6%) 2€ a can.

Short: Jameson

Worst:Jagermeister. After one too many of these some canadian taxi driver now owns my wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Budweiser and Malibu on Ice untill around 12:00,
    And then im on to that Blue WDK ****...
    Then comes the tequila and aftershock....

Recently Ive stopped doing that and now just have
    triple paddy's or Jameson's....

Yes I have a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

I'm a Cider man myslef :

Pubs : Bulmers pint/pint bottle, - get cravings for pint bottles with ice at times.
    House : Strongbow, Stonehouse, Linden, Bulmers, LIDL Flaggins, Anything.
    Spare time : Tack, Weed.

When I'm pushed for shots, Baby Guinness (addicted since my introduction to them in Belgium), Mickey Finns, or a Trophy filled with anything.

Dont like :
    Hmm,,, Any cheap beer from Holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Best: Bacardi/diet coke. Tequila Rose. Micky Finn.

Worst: Cider. Beer. Whiskey. And detest vodka and red bull unless im so sozzled i can't actually taste it!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

heineken - usual, nicest of all beers.
    danish gold (yes it exists) - worst beer ever created, in fact worst drink ever created.
    i have a feeling it is actually recycled beer taken from the toilets in various pubs.

absence - horribly dangerous. it's bout 70%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I once drank alot of a drink called Stroe, from kosovo or something.

The bottle simply says "80" and it tastes like fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Tusky
    forgot my ultimate most horrible drink.... buckfast...yuch

[Buckfast cowers under bar in shame]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i've been meaning to try a shot called "double nazi"
    a measure of goldslager & yagermeister (sp!) in the one glass. BAM!
    this will quite possibly be my future "least favourite"....

buckfast isn't actually all that bad in a right time/place situation.... i'm not going to say what kind of situation that would be though:ninja:
    (the drink, that is... not the poster above)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

its all about buckfast.

get four bottles of buckfast, four litres of cider, eight cans of red bull... pour into a bucket with lots of crushed ice and garnish with mint.

you will become legendary for your barbecues :thumbsup:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Best: Duvel, Belgian, 8% but actually tastes wonderful, unlike most other stronger beers.

Worst: Bud, Miller, any of that other American shite

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

jus had pepe lope tequila at the weekend.wicked stuff stay from it it kills you.

Dont no whats with the alco-pops they are horrible stuff.

Advertisement