Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chieftec Case Front USB set up

Options
  • 26-04-2004 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I have a Chieftec Dragon case. I dont know how to connect the front USB cables to the motherboard. Can anyone help? Has anybody ever set it up before?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

By the way, im finished work in 2 mins - I will reply in the morning, im not ignoring replies!
    All advice, diagrams etc welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

You have to check out your motherboard to see if it has a USB header on the board itselt. Then you can just connect the lead to the front to this header. Similarly, the firewire port at the front could have a corresponding header on the board. I can post a pic to show you if you like. What kind of motherboard is it? We could look it up on the web and see where the header, if any, is.

Failing that, you'd have to mod the lead to plug it into a spare USB port at the back, as it isn't a standard USB "plug"

Was waiting on the oven to heat up, so got bored... :)

Here's what you should look for on your motherboard. Make sure it has a label saying USB beside it (firewire headers can look the same). The missing pin provides the right orientation of your front panel USB cable which should (somewhat obviously) also be labelled as USB.

If you can't find something like this on your board, pop up a post with your mobo make and model.

Good Luck!

Thanks for replies

Heres my mobo

I have no idea where to connect it - bet its really obvious lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

rtfm :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Yeah, the manual does help. ;)

Look for the yellow header like this:
    neo2pe-16.jpg
    The green ones are for the Firewire connection, so your case should have a lead for this too (blue AFAIR).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by SyxPak
    heh, i was tempted to say the same.
    there's even a link to the fecking manual in his post above:rolleyes:

I know, the manual should of helped me but it didnt! I know this may seem silly but its not clear at all. I may just keep trying.

Advertisement