Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOOM forum?

Options
  • 26-04-2004 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Doom is a timeless classic everyone has played it.
    Doom3 will be out in a while has/will have a big enough comunity to have its own forum will it not?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye but thats the general games forum - several games have there own fourm and doom being such a old and amazing game probbley should have its own fourm aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Doom 3 might not be out when the sun goes nova tbh

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

well done, another pointless forum suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

If the games forum is swamped with Doom stuff then you can bet it will get its own forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

in all honesty how on earth can you justify a forum for such an ancient game? Yes ofc it was a classic but NOBODY PLAYS IT ANYMORE. It just has enough support to merit a nostalgic thread or two every now and then on the games board

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by sionnach
    in all honesty how on earth can you justify a forum for such an ancient game? Yes ofc it was a classic but NOBODY PLAYS IT ANYMORE.
    I play it now and again. I'm sure i'm not the only one.
    A couple of weeks ago I was playing a coop lan game. Also have it on my GBA. Its a great game.

CS sux ;)

The forum gets my vote.

Originally posted by Rabies
    CS sux ;)

which is why at any given time more people are playing counterstrike online than every other FPS combined? :D
    Originally posted by Rabies
    The forum gets my vote.

Could ye at least wait until D3 has been released (god knows when) before requesting this board because it's going to be utterly pointless until then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by sionnach
    Could ye at least wait until D3 has been released (god knows when) before requesting this board because it's going to be utterly pointless until then :(
    I agree for the simple fact; if, and I mean big if ye got the Doom forum, nobody would turn up, and it'd be closed down. And then when Doom3 came out, and ye asked again for the forum, ye'd be told to fu*k off, cos ye were given it but nobody came.
    Moral of the story; wait till Doom3 comes out/Jeasus comes again (which ever comes first, tho my bets are with Jeasus), and then ask for a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Can the HL forum get closed down until HL2 gets released then :)

I'm really not pushed if it gets created. Just with HL/CS/Battlefield/Quake forums Doom seems left out. It is a classic game.

Your prob right, it doesn't really need its own forum right now, but when Jesus comes again, sorry, I mean when it gets released it should get its own forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Space Invaders is a classic game. I grew up playing it and have many happy memories of it. It has been re-released many times and I feel it deserves a forum.

Also I'd like to suggest the following classic games to have their own forums:

Pong
    Pacman
    Castle Wolfenstein
    Tetris
    Marble Madness
    Dig Dug
    Battlezone
    Ridgeracer
    Solitaire
    Glminesweeper
    Tic Tac Toe
    Hangman
    Hide and go seek
    Kiss chasing
    Daikatana
    Eye Spy
    Sim City

Also a lot of new games are now using the Directx9.0b enhancements. This makes games look different to other games and so I think that a seperate forum dedicated to these games should be created.

:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

wolfenstein already has a forum

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

/me unhooks flogen and throws him back into the river.

Keep catching the same stupid fish. :rolleyes:

solitare and tetris could do with there own fourm they deserve it :D

Ye i suppose ur right that we should wait till doom3 comes out i gues the new doom beta got me worked up. even the doors are scarey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Go and discuss it on the quake forums, they are incredibly quiet nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

A wise man once said
    "Hey Mindphuck **** off back to the cs board!"

I dont know where I'm going with this really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

your trying to get a cheap shot in on #MAURA# ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by amp
    Space Invaders is a classic game. I grew up playing it and have many happy memories of it. It has been re-released many times and I feel it deserves a forum.

Pong
    Pacman
    Castle Wolfenstein
    Tetris
    Marble Madness
    Dig Dug
    Battlezone
    Ridgeracer
    Solitaire
    Glminesweeper
    Tic Tac Toe
    Hangman
    Hide and go seek
    Kiss chasing
    Daikatana
    Eye Spy
    Sim City

Also a lot of new games are now using the Directx9.0b enhancements. This makes games look different to other games and so I think that a seperate forum dedicated to these games should be created.

I agree all of these forums should be created i'll second that

data

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by flogen
    wolfenstein already has a forum

Flogen
    Ah but that's taken over by those ROCW types. A real Castle Wolfenstein forum with none of those Wolf-3D people would sort that out. It's a classic game. Like Pong.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Grunt The Gorilla says:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by amp

Pong
    Pacman
    Castle Wolfenstein
    Tetris
    Marble Madness
    Dig Dug
    Battlezone
    Ridgeracer
    Solitaire
    Glminesweeper
    Tic Tac Toe
    Hangman
    Hide and go seek
    Kiss chasing
    Daikatana
    Eye Spy
    Sim City

Ya forgot Pheonix and queenie I O.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Asok
    A wise man once said
    "Hey Mindphuck **** off back to the cs board!"

I dont know where I'm going with this really.

j00 r teh cheetar copycat wares monkaii!
    t3h evid3nce

Originally posted by DeVore
    Grunt The Gorilla says:
    Thats the splitting image of big Ian, what with the receeding hairline ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by amp

Kiss chasing

i second this!

Originally posted by DeVore
    Grunt The Gorilla says:

Is that a . no or just a no until doom3 comes out and then think about it then?

Originally posted by User45701

Is that a . no or just a no until doom3 comes out and then think about it then?

I'm sure you'll find out when doom 3 comes out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Originally posted by amp

Pong

I second the Pong forum.

Amp to moderate (For obvious reasons).

I suspect this is the most discussion Doom has got in a long time.:)

Hey, anyone want a LAN game ....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Wolf 3D, theres a game that brings back memories. Although last time I palyed it i got sick cos of all the giant pixals and 16 colours. If my 386 and 486 were still running I would be able to get to my saved files and play the last level over and over.

I believe I might have the Wolf3D floppy image file around somewhere ...

I believe it might just be a no too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Originally posted by Winters
    Wolf 3D, theres a game that brings back memories. Although last time I palyed it i got sick cos of all the giant pixals and 16 colours.

Thanks for reminding me - those old 3D games used to make me sick too. Even Doom used to make me seasick after a few hours playing and it took the best part of a day to recover. There was one game calle Blake Stone that made we want to hurl after about 5 minutes playing.

I discovered a trick that shielding one eye allowed me to play for longer before the waves of nausea overtook me. That solution didn't last too long when my better half pointed out that anyone who wears an eyepatch to sit for hours in front of a computer has a serious problem.

Sorry AMP I withdraw my support for your Pong forum. These older games are obviously bad for your health.

Advertisement