Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg refuse to withdraw their flawed DQ brochure

Options
  • 26-04-2004 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Press Release 26th April 2004

ComReg refuse to withdraw their flawed and factually incorrect brochure on Directory Enquiries and fail to implement proper regulation.

While we cannot provide proof, we suspect that someone in ComReg follows an agenda to provide profits for Eircom and/or Conduit on the back of Irish consumers, whose rights under the Universal Service Regulation to be in control of their expenditure, are ignored.

Other possible explanations for ComReg's decision are: total disregard for Irish consumers and their rights or stupidity.
    Take your pick.

Read more about it at
    http://www.comwreck.com/blog_18_April26.html

Regards

Peter Weigl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Originally posted by eircomtribunal

Regards

Peter Weigl

Off topic
    But do you also use another ID as I'm sure I've seen that last name around here before. Although Weigl in Dublin must be like Ryan in Tipperary :)

Eóin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I made the same mistake a while back, there's an "Urban Weigl" on Boards, I think Peter's brother.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by eoinm1
    Although Weigl in Dublin must be like Ryan in Tipperary :)
    Those fecking Ryans breed like rabbits.Numberwise (I'm not sure of the rabbits's method of doing it) of course. Can't throw a stone in South Tiipp without hitting one

How long has this brochure been out? I assume they're continuing to issue it regardless of its misleading uselessness. It's not (even worse) a new brochure, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I made the same mistake a while back, there's an "Urban Weigl" on Boards, I think Peter's brother.

adam

Son, actually. However, I am not involved in the web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

So how much does call completion on Eircom or Conduit cost then (obviously much more than dialling yourself)?

I couldn't figure the "bottom line"

Or is the point that the only way to know is use the service and look at your bill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

It's on Eircom's website as

National directory enquiries (11811) cost 66.07c (54.6c ex VAT) per call at all times and connected calls cost 0.66c (0.5425c ex VAT) per second.

International directory calls (11818) are subject to a minimum fee of 58.38c (48.25c ex VAT) per call for the first 28 seconds and 2.04c (1.6887c ex VAT) per second thereafter including call connection. One enquiry per call is given for national and UK enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, I see it dates from January 11.

I'd be careful on the libel front (I've had one communication from one of our regulars on this & I agree with it) - weakly disguising the name of the Comreg press officer with an implication attached rather than a question of implication is skirting on the edge of libel, particularly when we don't have a satire defence in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    It's on Eircom's website as

National directory enquiries (11811) cost 66.07c (54.6c ex VAT) per call at all times and connected calls cost 0.66c (0.5425c ex VAT) per second.

International directory calls (11818) are subject to a minimum fee of 58.38c (48.25c ex VAT) per call for the first 28 seconds and 2.04c (1.6887c ex VAT) per second thereafter including call connection. One enquiry per call is given for national and UK enquiries.

Are these the "real" prices?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by sceptre
    Those fecking Ryans breed like rabbits.Numberwise (I'm not sure of the rabbits's method of doing it) of course.
    Leonardo of Pisa had a look at this problem.
    http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fibnat.html#rabeecow

They are very transfer happy - I've had to ring back twice in the past - especially irriating when you just want the number and don't need to ring the person just yet.

Bring back 1190 and 1191
    www.goldenpages.ie - can also choose resedential

Advertisement