Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First games you ever bought?

Options
  • 26-04-2004 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

The first games I remember buying were Batman Returns and Bubba 'N' Stix for the Amiga. The first batman game kicked serious posterior, and I had high hopes for "Returns", but alas, twas total ****. Bubba was way natty though...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

terminator 2 on cartridge and robocop 2 on cartridge for commodore 64, god i loved those games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Way of the exploding fist and spyhunter for the spectrum .... wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hudson Hawk for the spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

The earliest games i can remember were spy vs spy, dizzy and jet set willy, all in the one day, the local computer shop had just expanded their commodore 64 range........damn it I wish it still worked.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tetris and Super Mario Land, when I got my first game boy at the age of 7. I'd played Super Mario World on my uncle's SNES before that though (got creamed!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Probably something like Kendo Warrior or Spyhunter for the Commodore 64. I had excellent taste even at that early stage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mario AllStars came with the SNES, but the first game I bought was Super Ghouls and Ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

First games I actually bought were The Lost Vikings and World Class rugby for the SNES. Both 20 quid. I was like 12... good choices :D

Gremlines 2 on the gameboy as well. Never got past lvl 3 on that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

World Class Rugby, hell yeah. best theme music ever

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Daley Thompsons Decathlon for the Spectrum, I think I was about 10 or 11 (feck that's 18 years ago!!!)

Cassette Cover

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pitfall Harry on Atari 2600 god we didnt eat for weeks ,rather expensive think Peats was where i got it.

kdjac

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Panama Jack on the Spectrum 128 - I miss those coloured bars.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Meh i have bought hundreds of games no way i could remember the first one

But the one i remember most from the "early days" is Silence service on the commodore 64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Cyclone by Vortex.

Cyclone.jpg

D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Creatures on C64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

I never really bought much games for the amiga.

The first one I bought, I think was a submarine game, with the whole keyboard for controls. Might've came with lame stickers to put over each key. I could of sworn though that it was only a sheet that you would put over the keyboard, but it couldn't have been that bad!!

The first I played I think was nightbreed on the Amiga. Very dark for an 8 yr old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Licence to Kill on the BBC. and it was crap. :)

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

/me fondly recalls handing over £9 for a james pond floppy disk for the amiga600. Great game, hours of fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

IIRC, the first game I ever bought with my very own money, not my parents' or Santy's, was Street Fighter II on the SNES in '92 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Originally posted by sionnach
    /me fondly recalls handing over £9 for a james pond floppy disk for the amiga600. Great game, hours of fun :)

I loved that game (I think the one I played though was the sequel). I remember using a cheat for unlimited lives, and I was on it for hours trying to beat it. Then I left it alone to get my dinner, and my dad turned it off. :dunno:

Anyone remember the excellent FLOOD, or RTYPE, or even the mario rip off: THE GIANA SISTERS??????

When I had the Amiga 500, all my friends were slumming it with their Commodore 64.
    FLoppies were quite excellent back in the day compared to cartridges.

Do you know that Amiga are working on a new workbench?? It's been in the works for years (and got a vaporware award:dunno: ) so I don't know if it's been scrapped yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Pacman for the Atari 2600. Newbs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mercenary force on the game boy.
    i learnt to read reviews before splashing out on a game soon after that...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Ninja Karate or something called similiar on the Spectrum!! in the good old days when you typed in 15 pages of code and at the end you got a half circle!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Manic Miner - Amstrad: One day I will get get that 16th level, one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

I forgot about 3d monster maze on the ZX81.
    I played it yesterday on an emulator.
    Scary stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Creatures on C64
    Snap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Shinobi for the Commodore 64 - don't think it ever worked quite as it should have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was a great conversion - not entirely accurate (dropped levels, no music!), but still very good for the C64.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

it was 1 of the dizzy games for the C 64. i have no idea which one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Can't remember any of the first games i bought. they were on the C64. prob some thing like IK+ or Barbarian.

Advertisement