Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First games you ever bought?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

First game I ever bought WIT MEH OWN MOONEH was Flashback on the Amiga600.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

First Game I ever bought was Ghouls & Ghosts on the c64. An absolutely class game! the music was particularly good on the c64 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

The first game ever played was centipede on the atari 2600 :)
    Im not sure but i think some of the first games i bought would have been with confirmation money, i think i got Cabal, R-type and Last ninja 2 all for my beloved atari ST :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It was a nintendo and tetris came with it. I didnt buy it. Mom did. arph arph.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Daley Thompsons Decathlon for the C64
    Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    local computer shop had just expanded their commodore 64 range........damn it I wish it still worked.....

My ones broken too:(
    just the power supply though so theres some hope:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Supermario world ( 2 ?) on snes.

later in my life, i had the original pong system and a spectrum, cassette thing.
    Then an N64 , now ps2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bigshot

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES. Loved it. Never did get very far though i was about seven and it was rock hard to me then.

Remember before memory cards and you would get further than ever in a game and then your mum would make you turn it off so she could watch bloody inspector morse or something, then you would have to start all over the next day? No! Must be just me then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

A version of Lander that I bought in a magazine. I had to enter the code myself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Bigshot

Remember before memory cards and you would get further than ever in a game and then your mum would make you turn it off so she could watch bloody inspector morse or something, then you would have to start all over the next day? No! Must be just me then.

3 days straight we played Commando on atari 2600 taking turns convinced after level 99 there was somfin indeed there was LEVEL FUKKIN 1!!!!!

So as kids are idiots we convinved ourselves there was an ending after beating the game 10 times (level 999) INDEED THERE FUKKIN WAS LEVEL BLOODY 1!!!

Fun tho :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Meta Galactic Llamas Battle at the Edge of Time on the C64. Followed closely by Beach Head I and BC's Quest for Tires. Only Jeff Minter could come up with a title like that.

Metagalactic_Llamas.gif
    beach-head_01.gif
    bcquest-02.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Simon Says for the Oric-1

It was a book!!!!

My dad spent hours typing it in so I could play Simon Says. I was 2.

20 years ago!

Advertisement