Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REVOLT [Call of Duty modern warfare]

Options
  • 26-04-2004 6:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I downloaded this 120 mb mod last night and must say it is stunning already.
    Think Desert Combat minus the vehicles [good thing tbh for infantry game],think Ghost Recon,think Counter Strike,thing the current unrest in Iraq and you are almost there.
    REVOLT is a new mod for Call of duty and one with huge potential .
    Coalition forces versus Terrorists/Iraq forces which ever way you look at it.
    Weapons and map feel very authentic and give a distinctive feel of running battles in and around Arabic cities.
    GFX of course are stunning but the weapons ballistics are spot on .
    All current COD game modes are compatible it must be said.
    Lads this feels fresh,new and one i know i will be spending lots of my gaming time with.
    It feels likw war,it looks like war and plays superbly also like war but most of all it feels real and authentic.
    Guys this is one great mod ,one that COD owners cant afford to miss and one that non COD fans need to try as it is very very different to COD in many ways.

http://www.codmod.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Wow. That does look rather impressive. Especially considering there's no SDK for that game.

Pity I can't get my copy of CoD to work. Doesn't seem to run on either of my machines (while it ran perfectly until I patched it). I'm thinking of reformating my bloody harddrive at this stage. No amound of reinstalling seems to do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭andrew12g

Im currently downloading it. It looks amazing. But so did Heat of Battle and that turned out to be quite a disapointment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

D/led it , tried it , only for a shoet while , seems good enough . hard to find servers though , I think .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Use All seeing eye and use the filter titled "others".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭andrew12g

If you use the game you can sort them by map when you select all game types. However alot of the servers are from European mainland so pings tend to be between 70 - 100. oh yeah and Revolt is an exceent game.

• Advertisement

Went on to the Revolt forums and found something to create a new filter in ASE . ne problem to find the servers now .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yep heres how to do it.

- Open ASE
    - At top select: Filter - New
    - Filter name=REVOLT
    - Copy & Paste this into the big box:
    1 if fs_game ~== "*REVOLT*" goto 3
    2 remove
    -Click okay

Select filter in filters list, and tehn select Call of Duty, then hit refresh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

got this server on cullys recommendations at 1st-ib. lots of servers on the revolt servers some 40 man too all very exciting.

Anyone got any particular favourite server , 1 where we could all give it a go together somenight ?

Failing that , anyone know Rev well enough to ask him to put it on his server for a night instead of COD ?

John.

Advertisement