Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which old games to remake?

Options
  • 26-04-2004 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

With Final Fantasy 1 & 2 being confirmed for remake for the GBA.

What other games would you like to see re-released for the GBA? I'd like to see FFVI and maybe killer instinct.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd love to see a new Turrican game on any format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

A new Syndicate game (And nothing like the naff sequal) on the PC would be deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I don't care for remakes. If you go to E3 98% of the stuff on show is a liscence or part of an existing game franchise.

The games I found most compelling this genre were all original tiles: Ico, Viewtiful Joe and Monkey Ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    A new Syndicate game (And nothing like the naff sequal) on the PC would be deadly!

I'd like to see that aswell. And a good remake of Elite would go down a treat. Oh Oh and James Pond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Body Harvest Body Harvest :D

Oh BF Farcry GTA <insert any free roaming game with vehicles here> only stole all their ideas from this game :D

Best game ever even with horrendous controls and crazy non swimming feature.

Kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Remake CnC Tiberian dawn - All the exact same maps units weapons ect no changes no bonus features just updated grafx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I don't want remakes - I want the games I've played and loved to stay in my head as good thinks, rather than someone coming along and remaking it badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Now if someone came up and offered a perfect MZM-style remake of super metroid... could anyone refuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

The Chaos Engine
    Sensible Soccer
    Monkey Island
    Cannon Fodder
    Syndicate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Wing Commander Series

in paticular

Wing Commander Privateer.

Was tempted to buy a 486 to play it as i cant for the life of me get it working on w2k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by User45701
    Remake CnC Tiberian dawn - All the exact same maps units weapons ect no changes no bonus features just updated grafx

god no , that was a terrible game...nice setting but the game itself was tripe imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

kdjac: Interestingly enough, I believe Body Harvest was originally designed as GTA3 (either that, or they later had a prototype GTA3 running on the body harvest engine)

Also, wasn't there a new Syndicate game announced not too long ago?

What with no sign of Duke Nukem Forever showing up, I'd love a remake of DN3D. And NiGHTS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I read about that also the final stage on Earth is meant to be in GTA3 as a homage of sorts (the helicopter part) dunno where.

I know a guy who works for DMA North or whatever they called now and i beg and i beg but atm they aint doing a remake.

Kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Axelay or at least the promised sequel. Actually I'd love a treasure shooter on the
    GBA.

Solid Snake would be great given a twin snakes type make over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by DMT
    The Chaos Engine
    drool:eek:
    as much as i'm beginning to loathe fps's... that licence could make a very sweet one.

there is no game that i can think of as worthy of a gba remake. think i'll stick to emulation on a 32 inch tv, thankyouverymuch:)

Advertisement