Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There could be a play-off match for 4th

• 26-04-2004 7:31pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If Liverpool win there 3 remaining games, and Newcastle win 3 out of their 4 (assuming Liverpool beat them in the last match), both will finish on 62 points.
    Goal difference at the moment is equal (+13), and LFC only scored two goals more than NUFC.

So, it's quite concievable (although still highly unlikely) that 4th place will be decided by a play-off match, which, according to the Premier League rules, is what happens in a situation where points, goal difference, and goals scored are equal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Well considering the last game is between Liverpool and Newcastle, that game is pretty much going to be a playoff type match. Winner takes all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

have Villa suddenly been kicked out of the league. Judging by Liverpools "form" its concievable that it could end up being a fight between Villa and Newcastle.

Oh yeah i forgot, bye bye dirty smelly Leeds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

I can't see Newcastle slipping up - a game in hand and the easier run-in - the way wolves and city are playing you'd expect newcastle to get maximum points from the next 2 games - I don't think liverpool will. Villa could end up in 5th spot (hopefully they will beat Man Utd on the last day of the season leaving the 2nd spot for chelsea!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Newcastles run in is grand except accross the back O'Brien suspended & Woodgate injured. They could be in a bit of bother...I think Bolton will get it :)

Advertisement