Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punter's not paying up for goods received...

Options
  • 26-04-2004 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hey,

Probably back in February at this stage I sold HL: Generations to a bord member down in Galway for 10 whole sponds and promptly posted said package to him....

Alas have nee heard anything back, despite a number of PM's politely asking if said member received the game.....

Have been a member of boards.ie for quite a while and have sold/traded alot of stuff with nee hitches.....

Any suggestions as to what I should do????

Know its only 10 sponds but its still like a couple o'pints ya know like.....

Rab.
    :dunno:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

what was his username?
    was his real name richard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Eh why did you post the goods before recieving payment?

Never trust anyone!;) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by Axel
    Eh why did you post the goods before recieving payment?

Never trust anyone!;) :p

Isn't it better to have trusted and to have lost, than never to have been trusted at all?

Oh wait - sorry. Mixed proverb there. Lock yourself away in your attic for eternity instead. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Originally posted by rabid
    Hey,

Probably back in February at this stage I sold HL: Generations to a bord member down in Galway for 10 whole sponds and promptly posted said package to him....

Alas have nee heard anything back, despite a number of PM's politely asking if said member received the game.....

Have been a member of boards.ie for quite a while and have sold/traded alot of stuff with nee hitches.....

Any suggestions as to what I should do????

Know its only 10 sponds but its still like a couple o'pints ya know like.....

Rab.
    :dunno:

Sorry, to hear that you got burned like that, rabid.
    Hopefully it won't put you off selling games in the future.
    I think you're probably better off meeting in person, or get the money up front and then post off the game.
    I'd definitely vouch for you after all the games i bought from you.
    If you've got any new games that you're looking to get rid of send me a PM.

Killian

A User feedback/Rating might be a good idea. I'm guessing this is a huge job though, For the (unpaid) mods :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Yeah i suggested a seller feedback rating thing before.
    Can't remember what was said about it at the time.
    It's definitely a good idea.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well since you have their name and address you might be able to find their phone number
    maybe they have stopped using boards

Originally posted by K!LL!@N
    Yeah i suggested a seller feedback rating thing before.
    Can't remember what was said about it at the time.
    It's definitely a good idea.

Killian

Yeah it sure is. Even something simple like on iPodLounge.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭rabid

Hey,

As I mentioned I've been selling/trading stuff on boards for quite a while and have never really had a problem - you're probably right mr_angry : never trust anyone ....

Thanks for the vote of confidence K!ll!@N, and actually should have a couple of games to shift you way in a while...will pm ya...

Only other time I was kinda stuffed was when I was trying to shift Max Payne 2, some dude and K!ll!@n had actually posted about it and though K!ll!@n was in the neighbourhood I said I'd offer it to the first post-er....so had'd PM'd and arranged a meet and price and everything was going well and then the scrot never replied....in the meantime MP2 dropped down to something like €20 so K!ll!@n made a steal on it..........in fact now that I think about it the fact that this guy never replied peeved me more than SENOR FUDGE, the guy whose seemingly stuffed me for 10 sponds on HL: Generations......

Anyways, think I do have his address: in Galway....so might have to try and get the phone no. just for a laugh....though that's a bit stalkerish....may have to drop a flamer into the thread I find him posting on....

Anyways, upwards and onwards....

Ciao
    :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

surely shit like that should be reported to the mods and the defaulter banned from the forum to prevent em from screwing anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

i swapped SOF2 with SENOR FUDGE around the time your talking about.
    everything went ok but a little slow on the post back from him.
    funny thing is if you look at some of the threads around then he seemingly sold a copy of HL:generations and was also looking for a copy the following week...
    strange me thinks!
    will have a look see for the threads i'm on about...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We cant police that with the manpower we have so we have to rely on the old addage "Caveat Emptor!" ..."Buyer beware!" (or in this case "Seller!")

The best thing to do is encourage people to post on the end of your sale posts that they were happy with the trade and then anyone else can come and look for their old posts on the board. Vice versa is true also (have you noted that you arent happy with him on any of his threads?)

DeV.

Found that Senor Fudge had started a thread in Creative Writing and posted a poem he wrote at the age of 12...

So I added my own little poem....will just have to see if he replies....

Blllllaaaaaahhhhh! (by Rab. )

As part of the deal I posted you Half-Life Generations
    10 euros in return I expected with much jubilation
    But alas it was just premature ejacul*tion

Nothings turned up now for what seems like ages
    And no replies to my Private Mess-ages
    Did it ever arrive I wonder aloud?
    "Hey who cares he's just some schmuck in the crowd!"

In all my time buying and selling on Boards
    I've never had problems with the scheming hordes
    I trusted you to make good on the deal
    But you did'nt
    Will the wounds ever heal???

**sucks don;t it**

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

hehe its not bad for off the cuff...now go forth and goto temple and stand on the free speakers box about the bloke who broke ur heart for 10 yo yos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Funny little poem! I see he didn't reply to it though.

Soapbox is a good idea, but public speaking's not my forte...

He's rightly got me by the short and curlies, cos by not replying he's dishing out even more phlegm - shows he really, really...really does'nt give a dog's crack.....and neither do I now.....I'm so over it man......

But he's sitting there, stark bollock naked, in the corner of a dark, dank room smearing his own faeces all over his massive bulk. Giggling inanely and drooling profusively like a mad thing....

Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap....the sound from inside reverberates down the hallway outside the locked room......

Oh yeah, its Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Not as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Maybe in future a contact number (a HOME contact number) should be gotten before postage.

I'm about to give my address to a french person, whom i dont know so that he can post me so radiohead live shows. But before i do that, i will get his home phone number, and ring him! That way, if something nasty does happen, i have a number for him, and you never know when that might be useful.

Hey,

Yeah contact numbers could be quite useful, but can lead to uncomfortable silences...

One time I was on my way home from Greystones to Wicklow and arranged to drop off a game to a dude in Newtown Mt Kennedy....so I had the guys home number...rang it and his Mum answered and I totally forgot yer man's name....so she's like "Hello?"...I'm like "Hi....eh....can I speak to.....eh.....what's his face?.....eh...it begins with J......his nicknames corn_dog I think?"........beeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."Hello?"

Got there eventually....

Advertisement