Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kebabs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

have to give my vote for zaytoon,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 cullig_jp

There is a kebab place on oliver plunkett street aswell called the Istanbul. Your taking your life into your own hands going in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Zaytoon is unreal, sooooo good.

Although I've never had an Iskanders, where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

iskanders is on dame st.

another one well worth a look is kebabish on clanbrassil st. but it's been a good while since i was down that way so not even sure if it's still there. would be a shame if it wasn't, or indeed if it's turned bad as can sometimes happen with these places.

was in barcelona for a stag at the weekend and there were little 'pita inn' franchises everywhere doing little mini-pita pockets with lamb, chicken or beef in them and you put your own filling and sauce in (sort of like a salad bar) to your liking. hmmm, tasty. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Iskanders is delicious.

I'm dying to try Kebabish too but where is Clanbrassil St?.. I'm terrible at place names in the City Centre lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Kebabish is horrible.Iskanders get my number one spot for kebabs in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Zaytoun is without a shadow of a doubt the best place for a kebab,a bit pricy, but there is some weight in them. Make sure its the one in Temple bar though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

flushje wrote: »
    Zaytoun is without a shadow of a doubt the best place for a kebab,a bit pricy, but there is some weight in them. Make sure its the one in Temple bar though

Ah I see, I've been going to the one along Wexford St.. I think?... Across from the Bleeding Horse.

Is the Temple Bar one across from the Turks Head?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's one opposite the DIT on Kevin Street I think - the Chili something or the other. It does lamb and chicken, great prices and really really good. It doesn't look like much but I've found it to be much better than the Iskanders/Zaytoon, overpriced places that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Yeah Hot Chili is the name of that place, it does a fine kebab alright and much cheaper than Zaytoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Havent had a proper kebab in Ireland yet, though Im stuck in the west and the choice is limited. Best kebabs I ever had were the ones they sold in Krakow, Poland. Was there for a week and had about 15 - 20 of them, unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 larryolaoi

The best Kebabs in Dubin

Mezza,Parliment St.Best by far- Beside Zaytoon
    Zaytoon, Parliment st and Harcourt St
    Iskenders, Dame St, across from Central Bank (3rd because it can be inconsistent)
    Passion4food, Clanbrassil St. Excellent Kebab, Pittas have holes in them though and I'm not sure about the sauces

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Please don't dig up threads that are years old.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement