Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A B C, I love them all.

Options
  • 26-04-2004 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Does anyone, apart from me, get stuck one ONE WORD and use it all the time until everyone wants to kill them? Right now, I can't stop saying groovy and dude.

I also like lubricated, but am finding it hard to work it into normal conversation...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I do it sometimes, at the moment i cant stop saying

"you know whats funny?"

"what?"

"Headless lesbians"

so im weird, not my fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

peplos
    plebian
    wench
    mist
    caffeine
    brillig
    excellent
    ponder
    preposterous
    parenthetically speaking
    purple
    squinches
    ethereal
    fuhgeddabowdit.(yaypseudomafiabrooklynese)
    arrrrgh
    orgy
    discreet
    llama (it's all my brother's fault - he thought i said llama was coming over. i really said ilana. ever since llama has been a permanent fixture in my vocabulary)
    and, one of my favorites that will never leave my vocabulary "MONKEY!!" (I love monkeys. i love the word. it's a noun it's a verb it's an adjective, it's a state of being, it's negative, it's positive. etcetcetc)
    ooh, and rape. funny word. especially when said the right way. trust me. there is only one right way...to say it, that is. but you know, people are plebians.
    in case i haven't made myself clear, i love words. words words words. (which in and of itself is a funny word.)
    there are so many more words that I use ALL the time. i can't be bothered to write them all out. these are the ones that came to mind.
    oh, a word i DONT like is study. bah. terrible word with a terrible meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Cretin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

yotally. not totally, yotally. its like totally but more extreme.
    example: im a yotal word repeater. my friend mangy hits me for saying things more than once. its negative feedback. i yotally dont think its working. shes yotally crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭larry

if it's negative than wouldn't "i yotally don't think" be a double negative?

Anyway, bob, cretin, intersting word. interesting because like many other words that are comonly used, like Philistine for example, whose original meanings would fail to be politically correct. The former originally refering to a physically handicapped (not mentally btw) person, although used to remind others that such unfortuiante people are still human, or christian, using the direct translation, it's modern use as a stipid person etc. seems rater harsh . The later however comes from the hebrew for palestinian and it's modern use is a sad reflection on how racist views can become part our language over time.

Personally, word i use too much are"like" and starting a lot sentances with "i mean"

Defenstration is always a good one, also not easy to work into conversation though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

yaharr, ugh, mough, and other vague groanings are doing the rounds in my vocab right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Basically

(from my scrub days in Chris Chan's RA group, 2002)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

brillers
    class
    gas
    glovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

:cool: Aaaalll Raighd!:cool: (must nod head afterwards)
    Chillax (some hand gestures there)
    ooooh Yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by OrangeRhino
    Cretin.
    You also say "Seabiscuit", "donkey", and "ginger" a lot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

wench
    That word wouldn't get outta my head after I left CTYI last summer. Wench wench wench. Sounds like rench with a speach impediment

Oh, and I keep saying ek, but I don't think thats actually a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

nautical.

not mine but a friends and it gets annoying as hell

wench

at this stage i'm completely immune to it. somehow, friends of mine who had no idea of the signifigance picked up on it and decided to use it against me.

again.

anyway, i've been using 'mish mush' way too much. seriously.

wench
    But it's like, the best word ever!

And everytime I say it, I'll think of you and Garo(no fadas)g, Ana.
    Its yours for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i still say 'random' and 'quality' and 'DUDE, SERIOUSLY...' a load thanks to the Alexi.
    and the 'i'll polish YOU' or 'i'll mow YOUR lawn' and such like.

i say and such like, what have you, und so weiter agus mar sin alot aswell.

and i quote songs stupidly a lot. like when someone goes 'jeez me feet are killing me' i go 'this SITUATION's killin me'. i like being silly.

putting two random swearwords together is the new black imo.

there's also solubrious, lubricious, (cos they have that lube sound), lascivious, yer ma, slut, bitch...

oh and i love saying things are ridiculous.

you know those awkward silences that follow conversations that run like

"well, we don't think he's going to come out of the coma..."

or

"her boyfriend's going to jail for armed robbery..."

i've found the best way to fill them, by simply saying " so anyway, back to my story....."

So THATS how you do it tactfully. And there was me going ''Look behind you, a bear! No, seriously, look! Okay, what would I have to gain from making this up? I'm tellling you, there's a FRICKIN BEAR BEHIND YOU!!!" *turns* *me runs away*
    And I CANT STOP SAYING ''ah but you do now really'' in manner of patronising fat farmer wife.

My friends have fled.

Advertisement