Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60fps

Options
  • 27-04-2004 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

You know the way Xp caps ur fps 60fps is it okay to use a refresh rate fix so i can set the cap higher to like 100fps i have a geforce fx5200 ****e card but u know ur self anyways is that okay to go messing about with refresh thingy with in reason ? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

it does not cap your fps it caps your monitors refresh rate
    your fps is capped by having vsync on

but yes you should use the fix to set your monitorsrefresh rate in game to as high as its capable of
    as using a monitor set to 60 hz is just asking for a headache
    no harm will come of it once you dont try to set it higher than your monitor is able to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hunt down a program called "reforce", it'll try'n detect the maximum supported refresh rate of each resolution and set it as both the maximum and minimum refresh rate... so it's the only one any game can use.
    Or you can do it manually, just pick the resolution you want to use, and enter say 100 (or whatever it can handle) for the Hz value.
    reforce operates only on the information windows has about the monitor so it'll work no matter what video card you're using.
    Also it only changes certain registry settings, so there's no need to have it start up every time you start windows.
    It's what I've used for years, and is IMO the best and only 60Hz solution you need.

Advertisement