Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CW098 Project Demo

• 27-04-2004 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

Has anyone done theirs yet? I was wondering what it was like, and do the tutors ask alot of questions?:dunno:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I'm assuming the demo is of some kind of program or website right?

Last year in cw019 we just had to show all the functionality of out projects, and the lecturers would ask you to do the odd thing, basically they were looking for bugs and errors. Apparently it was very stressful and the lkecturers went to town on people, but I didn't notice.......even with a crap project.

They will ask you lots of questions but if you got your project finished you have nothing to worry about. Also don't point out anything thats not working, because they might not think about it and you wont go down marks as a result.

Do ye have to wear siuts? I saw a load of people wearing them around the college yesterday, over here in programming we're free of that duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

First one s are today begbie, god i hope we dont have to wear suits!!
    Dont sweat it, if you ve done everything on your project your golden!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You should wear a suit, or at least shirt+tie - gives good impression, and may even cost marks if you don't.
    is it demo or presentation? (TI:) ours is more like a presentation. 'tis the student in front of a couple of lecturers, everywhere else seems to be student sitting at a pc whilst the readers come around (eventually) and are taken through functionality (Occasionally asking to do this/that to check for bugs/errors,etc)

Originally posted by Karoma
    . 'tis the student in front of a couple of lecturers
    Tha sounds like there s gonna be fie lecturars for mine, a bit much if you ask me!
    Oh begbie apparantly everyone is been char grilled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Yeah, mine went pretty much crap. No suit wearing involved. Just being asked questions by 5 lecturers. I only got 3, but still screwed up big time. I got caught out on code a few times and i had absolutely no validation on fields entered, so i so failed. Well, at least its over.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I found out yesterday(in our course anyway), you dont lose or gain marks from the demo, they really just stage it to make sure that you know your project and that you actually did it. You should get the same marks for your project regardless.

Well, i actually didn't know bout what some of it did, but i got that code off and internet site and told them that. Still think i failed.

Originally posted by begbie
    Well, i actually didn't know bout what some of it did, but i got that code off and internet site and told them that. Still think i failed.

W3schools??

A wish lecturar once said "you dont have to write code just understand it" or maybe it was that leprechaun!!
    Annyway i envy you having it done, mine s tomorrow :(
    Why do i get so scared of it its madness anyway, congrads beg!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bpm

hey begbie i had mine too,
    didnt go too well either,
    a certain lecture was pretty lousy to me i think,
    who are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    I found out yesterday(in our course anyway), you dont lose or gain marks from the demo, they really just stage it to make sure that you know your project and that you actually did it. You should get the same marks for your project regardless.

thats exactly whats it is, they are just making sure that you know what your project is about.
    If you go in and your project is'nt working it does not matter they just want to know that you tried and you know where you went wrong etc. Its more about the effort that you put into your project than the actual project itself.
    If you have been attending all year and your project is a not a complete and utter failure, i.e you have something working to show them, you will sail through it.

Unfortunatley mine again is a complete and utter failure.:rolleyes:

gogo

• Advertisement

Excellent that kinda of news is brilliant! i was ot in 15 mins :( but at least the computer didn't blow up :)

Was in bout a minute longer than you. :p

Advertisement