Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreamweaver & h365 problems

Options
  • 27-04-2004 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

First and foremost, this isn't a hosting365 moan/support request/anything else. I've already contacted their support but thought I'd see if anyone here has any bright ideas.

Right, disclaimer overwith I can begin. I've got a windows H365 server and use dreamweaver to build asp pages. As of about two days ago, when I go to define a connection in the application dialog, I keep getting "HTTP Error Code 405 Method Not Allowed" errors. This is happening just as I click "DSN" and wait for the list of DSN's on the server to appear. It's a pain in the ass, more or less...

Anyone have any bright ideas why this has suddenly stopped working?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If so can you not use a connection string (DSN-less connection) instead of a DSN connection?
    What have their support said?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Support said (quite rightly) that they don't support dreamweaver but will look into the problem.. or something..

Haven't tried dsn-less connection yet, I'm currently humming and hawing about what changes I've made on my laptop that would cause such a problem. Only change really is installing office pro 2003. I'll give it a lash on my desktop tonight that's still on 2002, maybe that'll spur the thing back into life?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

building ASP pages in Dreamweaver should not affect how the website runs on the server once they have the right settings in the IIS.

DSN connections are very slow and not very reliable.
    Try using OLEDB connection, much faster.

Ex. -

<%
    ' FileName="Connection_ado_conn_string.htm"
    ' Type="ADO"
    ' HTTP="false"
    ' Catalog=""
    ' Schema=""
    MM_Name_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/database.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"
    %>

Make sure you have the right path to the database, then save it in the connections folder, and use as an include file.

Advertisement