Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Aldi laptop coming our way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

It won't be €999 in Irish stores methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i'd have to agree with that but you never know, the last LIDL (i think they have similar pricing structures) laptop was only €100 more expensive here than in germany (and cheaper than england), plus this is a celeron machine. I'm actually surprised it's so expensive in germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

any more news on this baby coming out yet?

paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I was talking to someone that got it in germany, lots of cool features, wireless etc. but they said it's a desktop processor and battery life is abysmal.

a bit OT but interesting none the less: the last ALDI laptop, the company that produce it, Gericom, are going out of business (in dire financial straits at the mo. from what i've heard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

No they won`t... as they have been taken over bei Medion... and Medion is to a big part owned by Aldi... :-)

Was a few weeks back in the german news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

anyone know if this will be in irish shops anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

When they sell laptops and stuff in germany, they normally have them in the irish stores about a month later.

Advertisement