Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woodgate injured

• 27-04-2004 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭

From BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/england/3659111.stm
    England defender Jonathan Woodgate could be ruled out of Euro 2004 with a torn thigh muscle.
    The 24-year-old was injured in Newcastle's win over Chelsea on Sunday.

A Magpies spokesman told BBC Sport: "He will definitely miss the rest of the Premiership season as he has been told he will be out for six weeks."

That would make him available on 8 June at the earliest while England name their squad for Portugal on 17 May and play their first game on 13 June.

Looks like Terry will be starting for England in the summer.

But more importantly what does it mean for Newcastle in the race for 4th place. No Bellamy or Dyer either, their challenge may start to lose steam especially going to Anfield on the last day of the season. Looks good for Liverpool!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    But more importantly what does it mean for Newcastle in the race for 4th place. No Bellamy or Dyer either, their challenge may start to lose steam especially going to Anfield on the last day of the season. Looks good for Liverpool!

Well it's going to be very tight, I was backing the pool to get 4th but Newcastle have been playing well, it will probably come down to the last game of the season, and it really could go either way then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

O'Brien is suspended for 3 matches too, who have they got to play at centre half to partner Bramble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I agree that it will be tight with Villa also in the mix. I think that teams like Charlton,Fulham and Birmingham are out of it.

However I can see Liverpool getting 3 wins from 3 in the last few games. If Newcastle win there 3 (excluding game at Anfield)they are level on points.

However I think that Newcastle will only draw away to Southampton. Also their final three league games are in the space of six days and throw in the UEFA cup and injuries I can see them faltering some what.

I just hope that Liverpool pick up maximum points because in the form that Villa are in they could also pick up maximum points in their remaining games.

But I go

4th Liverpool
    5th Villa
    6th Newcastle

Also who does everybody think that woodgate will be replaced with in Englands squad? Also Southgate has declared himself fit. So I am assuming Campbell, Southgate,Terry and one of King/Brown

O'Brien is suspended for 3 matches too, who have they got to play at centre half?

Tit Bramble and Hughes. maybe Shearer will play there:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I still wouldnt completly rule out Villa.

• Advertisement

I still wouldnt completly rule out Villa.

Neither would I but if Liverpool and Newcastle pick up 9 points each there is nothing that Villa can do. Those two teams are in pole position at the moment. But I can see apicking up 9 points in their remaining games as well including Man Utd on last day of season.

Does anyone have any opinions or care about the England squad? I am trying to be balanced and discuss all aspects of Woodgates injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    Does anyone have any opinions or care about the England squad? I am trying to be balanced and discuss all aspects of Woodgates injury.

You mean apart me thinking they are ****:D.

I can see ledly King, getting the nod.

You mean apart me thinking they are ****

I doubt you are the only one. The one thing that Terry lacks is pace, it will be fun when they play France.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

In the 18 games Newcastle have played this year with woody in the side they have lost 2 , in the games they havent had him 16 They have only won 5 times .

In the 18 games Newcastle have played this year with woody in the side they have lost 2 , in the games they havent had him 16 They have only won 5 times .

Happy days for Liverpool and Villa fans then hopefully!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement