Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Messaging programme

Options
  • 27-04-2004 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

I was wondering if someone could help me here. I work in a small office, seven of us at workstations. I am looking for a program that we could use to send instant messages over the network to each other. Can anyone help in regard to this or point me in the right direction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭LizardKing

msn messanger, yahoo messanger , icq (icq lite)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Start->Run->Winchat

There are only 7 of you - you can't all be in different rooms? Are you unable to speak? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

yeah we are all in different rooms, editing suites, recording studio and other offices.
    We dont want an online one like messenger or icq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

cool winchat seems to be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Start->Run->net send <NT user logon> <message>

eg: net send murphyr Time for tea?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

http://jabber.org - Run a jabber server either on a server or one of the PC's - Gives you MSN like IM capabilities, but only to your internal network

Advertisement