Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Hardy, your thoughts*May contain RAW Spoilers*

• 27-04-2004 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Im a total mark for Matt Hardy. And the more I look at his solo matches, the more I prefer him to Jeff.

With Matt getting what looks like a push on recient RAW shows, he may be able to eventualy to elevate himself to solid mid card or even main event status.

Matt Hardy would make the perfect Worlds champ, all they have to do is use this push, make it work, put him in a title hunt, IC preferably, give him at least one victory and then milk him in the way of the Worlds title. If anyone could be picked out of the hat of mid carders and be given a succesful run with the big strap, it would be Matt Hardy. He could generate the overness and exude the right confidence to be a successful flag carrier. He has everything from the look, to the skill.

I think if anyone diserves a hard push it should be Matt Hardy.
    What do yall think?

Hanza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

If he had not been traded to Raw ( as requested backstage by Lita, allegedlly) Matt Hardy would be a top contender for the belt on Smackdown.

He was just at his prime on Smackdown, so they decide to put him on RAW, job him out endlessly and basically sh*t on the character that was steadily building on Smackdown

Matt hardy was worthy of a push last year, but since the move to RAW, he has to climb the mountain all over again - and I dont think the fans will buy into it.

Especially with the dodgy storyline that was revealed on RAW, plus the rumour of Jeff Hardy coming back - I am not going to hold my breath for Hardy's due push to amaze me anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i totally agree with you,its criminal the way he has been wasted by the wwe.He is a fine wrestler but he has all the other components that would and could put him over...the look....the gimmick....the charisma and the crowd are just dying to get behind him,as the recent raw shows have shown.
    I really hope he gets a great push and maybe relinking him with lita would help.It was so dishearting recently to see been used as a jobber to the stars and i really hope he gets in among the i.c. contenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

fueding with zack the novility act wasnt all that high on sd, his cruiserwaight career was near over and outside that there wasnt much for him ( although he did have a good run with the undertaker) but he is hard to bie as a heavy waight and hard to bie as a cruiserwaight i do agree he should get tv time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've felt that way for a long time. It's too soon to give him a huge push just yet, what I think would work really well right now is some sort of feud combining Matt, Edge, Christian, Jericho, this new Tyson guy, and Johnny Nitro (even if he's crap in the ring, he's still the coolest guy ever! Have you ever seen anyone with a better "wrestling" look about him?!). If the two new guys are being put on Raw, they should be able to have decent matches, and the other four guys have worked together in the past and are all very talented and young.

I'd prefer for Jericho to be pushed for the title before Matt, maybe afterwards they could have these two lads feud for it. That would be my dream match, a title match between Matt and Chris!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Originally posted by Fozzy
    It's too soon to give him a huge push just yet, what I think would work really well right
    How is it too soon? He has been in the company for 7 or 8 years, and jobbing before that for about 2. He has done enough, well mabey an IC victory would work, but apart from that he is a shoe in for the major strap...
    Johnny Nitro (even if he's crap in the ring, he's still the coolest guy ever! Have you ever seen anyone with a better "wrestling" look about him?!).
    He is actually very talented. Tough Enough is an excellent way for WWE to get their hands on useless talent, however, Nitro is the controdiction to the rule. His moves include 450 moonsaults, standing Shooting star presses and back flip drop kicks. Im actually surprised he is getting over on his mick skills alone, which honestly arent the best. But everyone seems to like his character. Cant wait till he starts wrestling...
    That would be my dream match, a title match between Matt and Chris!
    Second that :D

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Im actually surprised he is getting over on his mick skills alone, which honestly arent the best.

I haven't seen Johnny Jackass wrestle and although what he says is good, he seems a little hesitant and nervous on the mic, but I think that he will improve with time.

I agree that Jericho vs Matt would be good. But I would also have to agree that Jericho should get the World's Title before Matt. Jericho deserves another title run, to be honest his run as the Undisputed Champion was a joke. I can't remember him winning a match cleanly. When HHH came back he was put into a storyline involving Stephanie and HHH and took a back seat, and was then fed to HHH at Wrestlemania.

As for Matt a feud for the IC title with Orton would be a good direction, maybe involving Shelton Benjamin as well.

On an unrelated topic but to do with pushes what about Rene Dupree's push this guy is pure gold and will be a top heel on Smackdown. Cafe de Rene was pure class.

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    On an unrelated topic but to do with pushes what about Rene Dupree's push this guy is pure gold and will be a top heel on Smackdown. Cafe de Rene was pure class.
    I told myself I wouldnt get on the Dupree hate train again, but...

Resipe for:Instant wrestler, just add OVW

Hes 3 months older then me, and has F all experience and it shows. Not that we wont ever improve. I was a vivid Ortan hater until he learned more then a cross body, now I have much kudos for that man. Hopefully, Dupree will see the light as Ortan did.

Hanza

I meant just for pure mic skills. He is much better than Johnny Jackass who has gotten praise for his.

As an in ring performer it will take time, but of course I believe that with experience and by mixing with the right people that he will improve.

There is no point it in merging it. They are fairly different, Id prefer to keep them seperate.

Hang on Who is Jonny Jackass? Isnt that what Edge called Jonny Nitro? Who are we talking about?

Hanza

Who is Jonny Jackass?

Yeah he is Johnny Nitro(Johnny Blaze and Johnny Spade), just thought Johnny Jackass(the name) was good!

• Advertisement

Ahhh! All makes sence now :D

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Originally posted by Hanza
    How is it too soon? He has been in the company for 7 or 8 years, and jobbing before that for about 2. He has done enough, well mabey an IC victory would work, but apart from that he is a shoe in for the major strap...

I don't see it too soon in the grand scheme of things, it's just that I don't think things are set up for it to happen straight away. If he were to end up in the main event at the next PPV, I wouldn't agree with it. I think that he needs a solid feud to just elevate him on Raw, maybe an IC title run would do that. As soon as he's been moved up again on Raw, then he really should be pushed for a main-event slot.

Yeah, I was wondering if it was Johnny Nitro that did the standing shooting star press, I remember seeing one of the Tough Enough guys doing it, but back then I couldn't tell one from the other. He does seem a bit hesitant on the mic, but he's also got some confidence in there, like when he was talking to Edge, when he said "how do you like that, Edge?! Hahaha!", that stuck with me immediately. Most young guys that come in wouldn't be able to say something like that and get it to stick in someone's mind. A very small detail, but something that stood out to me.
    But when he's not talking, he just exumes confidence! He looks like the cockiest bastard ever, just when he's standing there beside Bischoff! That's what I love about him.

Dupree's been growing on me too, at first I didn't like him very much, just because his character was booked so poorly, there was no way he'd come out on top. It's still pretty much the same, but I think he's getting more heat now on his own behalf, rather than just for being "French". I'm starting to find that "Frenchman dance" kinda entertaining now too. Tazz is gas when Dupree does it!

Just on another sidenote, I was looking at the OVW website (www.ovwrestling.com) a couple of weeks agoa just to find out a bit more about Johnny Nitro. I came across Johnny Spade there, but it's not actually him. He's John Hennigan. I don't see the reasoning behind WWE renaming a guy with the same name as another guys they have on their books. The real Johnny Spade must have been a bit pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I totally agree with what your saying about Johnny Nitro.I really like the way his music is the old wcw entrance.He really does exude confidence although his first few times on the mic were a bit weak.The only complaint i have is that he uses those"angry face/happy face" sterotypical moves.....a bit too 80's for my liking.Hopefully he will get rid of that with time

Advertisement