Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winback Again

Options
  • 27-04-2004 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom's famous Winback dept finally caught up with me today. The wife answered the phone, me at work you see and they started the speil about them been cheaper. She told them that we were happy with UTV and that she cannot make any decisions without my permission, please send us some brocherures.

Question is, can Eircom win you back if they don't speak to the account holder? My wife is not authourised to change my calls back.

Looking forward to your views

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It is an interesting question.

Maybe they can't but realise that most people who change back, either won't care or won't notice.

I know certainly when I worked with eircom.net, I asked - "Do you have to verify it's the actual person named on the account before you sign them up for package x?". "Nope, as long as someone has the account number, you can put it on their bill.......".

Is this legal though (or even allowed in winback rules)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Originally posted by seamus
    It is an interesting question.

Maybe they can't but realise that most people who change back, either won't care or won't notice.

I know certainly when I worked with eircom.net, I asked - "Do you have to verify it's the actual person named on the account before you sign them up for package x?". "Nope, as long as someone has the account number, you can put it on their bill.......".

Is this legal though (or even allowed in winback rules)?

But Eircom have the account number BEFORE they even call. Therefore they can presumably do what they want with it. Surely it has to be illegal though.

What if a mortgage company called and asked your granny could they remortgage with them and she said 'yes'. Seem like the same principal to me.

Advertisement