Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pings

Options
  • 27-04-2004 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get DSL shortly. But heard some horror stories about bad pings. Which providers are to be steered clear of in peoples experience and which provide the better pings.

I know this is slightly OT, but I'll be using the DSL line for playing Q3 online, and i figure the guys reading this thread know as much as anyone else out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

i don't have broadband (still on 56k modem), but can tell you of experiences of people i know. from what i gather, eircom broadband has the better pings to a good few UK and international game servers and i know people who have chosen eircom broadband soley for this reason.

however, if you play mostly on the games2.iol.ie Q3 server which is hosted by IOL of course, then IOL broadband is prolly the better choice.

this advice is from what people i know who are into gaming and have broadband have told me so i can't tell you for sure which one is better as it can also depend on where you are located and how many servers you pass through to get to the games server you want to play on etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Iol and Eircom 512 both get 33 ping to games2.iol.ie in game, usually.

Advertisement