Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOP Heat 1 preview

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Shit. Getting a smattering of respect. Memo to self: increase stupid calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by amp
    Shit. Getting a smattering of respect. Memo to self: increase stupid calls.
    Well, we have to make the fish feel at home - zing!

<<-- what happened to fag rock - I'm being oppressed!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I changed it back so that when you were debating, and we got coverage from the national papers... your argument wouldnt be prejudiced by a homophobic music critique!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

With all this talk of a 2nd game starting once the BSOP heat is over and done with I have a suggestion - how bout a straight up cash game? Chips represent real money values, low blinds which don't change and max/min rebuy being the same with no rebuys during a hand.

Feel free to shoot the suggestion down. Remember I'll be drunk by then so my money will soon be yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I actually enjoyed the drunken cash game in Puddings on saturday. Nice for a change. Small cash though and the minumum buyin is that you have drunk six cans.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm up for it, though the "fiver rebuy" games we played in Puddings were a good laugh (and very profitable for me too! :p )

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

I actually liked the format we had at Dev's place recently; for those of you who weren't there, we had eight players, each person put in €10 and the four final people split the pot (basically doubled their money). Made for some nice quick games ... until the last game anyway heh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Problem with those games at Devs, fun as they were (and strangely more fun as time went by or is that drink got drunk), is that theres not much poker to play and especially once you are down to 5 if your stack is ok then just throw everything away until low stack (unless it's luke) gets knocked out.

Aye they were fun games where you could fnck about and not risk losing a shot at 100 notes. If you didnt win this one, you'd win the next one and it was only a short wait for it anyway...

The cash games in Puddings were even more fun as you were risking only a fiver for 1000 chips and could buy in whenever you liked (curiously noone was really acting the knob because there was more pride at stack then anything else.... that was of course until LaFortezza commenced his dive-bomb crash landing on Planet Tilt!)

DeV.

Advertisement