Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tranfering money to an English Bank Acc

Options
  • 27-04-2004 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

I have an graduate account with Natwest which has a fantastic £2000 interest free overdraft on it. :p

Anyway, i'm about £800 overdrawn at the moment on this account and was wondering what is the cheapest method of getting money from my Irish account to it?

Seemingly it is vastly complicated and awkward (and thus expensive for the punter!!)for banks in this country to transfer money to English banks.

Thanks

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

From AIB, It will cost about 15 euro to do the transfer and take 3-4 days. Probably something similar for other banks. The 15 euro charge is expensive, since it is all done electronically nowadays, but you don't really have an alternative.

You will need the destination bank SWIFT code and account details. Phone them if you dont have this. Then go into your own bank and ask them to help you fill out an international transfer form, the money gets taken from your account and sent to the other account electronically.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Originally posted by silverside
    From AIB, It will cost about 15 euro to do the transfer and take 3-4 days. Probably something similar for other banks. The 15 euro charge is expensive, since it is all done electronically nowadays, but you don't really have an alternative.

You will need the destination bank SWIFT code and account details. Phone them if you dont have this. Then go into your own bank and ask them to help you fill out an international transfer form, the money gets taken from your account and sent to the other account electronically.

Thanks. Thought that might be the case and then you probably get shafted with their ****ty exchange rate too...

p

Advertisement