Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BSOP] Heat 1 Times and Date etc...

Options
  • 27-04-2004 6:16pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there...
    Below is the list for Heat 1;
    Amp
    Iago
    Casper
    Gerire
    Musician
    Devore
    Quozl
    Henbane
    Kencleary

I think everyone but Iago knows how to get to my place?? PM me if you want directions.

We'll be playing on Saturday the 8th or Friday 7th... I'll give this thread 24 hours so you can pick. By default we'll be playing Saturday 8th so if you want that, dont bother voting.

Unlike Pudding, I'm not cooking you sh*t so you can bring your own food and drink...

We'll start at a reasonable 7pm so be here for 6:45...

Anything else you need to know?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Originally posted by DeVore

Anything else you need to know?

DeV.

Yeah ... would you like us to bring you either a box of tissues or some beer to drown your sorrows in for when you come in fourth behind Kencleary, Musician, and Amp?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

I can deal for you lads if you like.

DeVore: just to confirm -- it's now definitely set for Saturday the 8th at 6:45 pm?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Casper: Confirmed

Ken... you sly dog... checking out the enemies eh? :p
    I dont think our place will fit an 11th though, it was pretty packed with ten last time.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Lol I just thought that it might make things go faster :) , also i was going to gather material for an article series that i was going to pitch to BSOP Monthly

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I prefer having a dealer too... I'll confer with Amp and see what he thinks. (He's crashed out at the moment!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

I prefer having a dealer too... I'll confer with Amp and see what he thinks. (He's crashed out at the moment!)
    So do we have a dealer? I'm sure you can fit one more in. We need every edge we can get to play more hands with the amount of time you spend in the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Dev/Amp,

is your place smoking/non-smoking??

Originally posted by Hobart
    Dev/Amp,

is your place smoking/non-smoking??
    SMOKING!...you can't expect me to get drunk and play cards without cigarettes.

Smoking...

I honestly dont think we'll have room for a dealer, you know the way my place is with the small square glass table and all...

First out can deal as a punishment :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Dev how about doing the draw for table positions before saturday and posting here? As host I would trust you to do it assuming I don't see you in seat 8 and me in seat 9.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

nope - it will be done on the night with everyone present - just like all the other heats.

Hyzepher

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Fair enough. If I was nit-picking I coudl say that the rule says seat positions to be decided before the start of the game. So you could decide seat positions a year before the game starts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by musician
    Dev how about doing the draw for table positions before saturday and posting here? As host I would trust you to do it assuming I don't see you in seat 8 and me in seat 9.
    I'd be more suspicious if Dev put himself as far away from henbane's abuse as possible.

Originally posted by DapperGent
    I'd be more suspicious if Dev put himself as far away from henbane's abuse as possible.
    He's lucky I'm not in heat this month.

If I were doing the seating I'd put Ken Cleary next to Henbane, Casper next to Amp and Muso sitting out the window, 4 floors up. Ooops.

DeV.

If I were doing the seating I'd put Ken Cleary next to Henbane
    I'm intrigued by this preferred arrangement.... why? Who left of who?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I don't mind either way regarding dealers. It doesn't matter who gives me the cards, as I will crush you all.

If I were doing the seating I'd put Ken Cleary next to Henbane, Casper next to Amp and Muso sitting out the window, 4 floors up. Ooops.

DeV.

I'll bring my wings then but I can play Aces from any position. Anyway if we finish this tourney before closing-time what are we doing? Piss-up or more poker?

I vote pub ... there is such a thing as too much poker ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by casper-
    I vote pub ... there is such a thing as too much poker ;)
    Heretic!

Originally posted by henbane
    Heretic!

Fag! ^h^h^h err I mean ... no wait I did mean that ;)

errr... we can bring the pub here... AND play poker!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Hmmmm beer and special tea.

MrP

Not only does Heat 1 have it's own scoreboard on a telly (www.pokerclock.net) but we have a webcam of the event right here:

http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/pics/wcam/webcam.html

Fear our technological might!

Can I see cards on the table with no chips inplay. Tut tut. On my way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

You guys are fucking ugly.

We have a result:

The Rock, Muso rose to dominence early on in the game and ended the tourny in first.

Iago, newcomer to the Batflat played aggressive and almost never let people see free cards came second.

And KenCleary, despite being damaged early on when his KK offsuit didn't hold up against Caspers three Jacks rose from the absolute dead to claim the final place in the final.

He's a jammy fucker and Muso is bi-curious. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Just a quick note of thanks to Dev and Amp for hosting last night, really enjoyed it.

Particularily when Ken's KK was beaten by Caspers J4o!!

It all worked out in the end Ken, but your cowboys aren't as scary anymore

I had two aims last night, knock out qouzl and make the last three, having acheieved both even though I managed to walk into Musicians AA I was reasonably happy with the way I played, I'm capable of better though!

Looking forward to the monthly final now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Where did DeV finish? Was he knocked out first? I had a look at the webcam early on and everyone around the table had chips except DeV... maybe he just had them out of sight of the camera or something.....there's no way DeV would have been knocked out first.... ;)

Advertisement