Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate SF bashing Sticky

Options
  • 27-04-2004 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I like posting on the politics board, however I'm really starting to get tired of the continous Sinn Fein Bashing.

I mean I can understand why people don't like the party, and their more than entitled to their opinion. But it seems that anytime a thread has SF or the IRA mentioned it turns into a free for all.

Myself and a few other SF supporters are then left to argue the same points all over again.

Perhaps we could just get a SF bashing Sticky in the politics forum, then we could all argue it in 1 thread only.

Seriously it's gone beyond the point of ridiculous.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

But people bash Bertie aswell and the only one who rebuts is Cork, like nobody bashes, eh whats his name the opposition leader guy?

They you have the "leftie" bashers.

And the Bush bushers (no Bush, not bush), Blair bashers .....

Whats wrong, can't SF stand up to robust words?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Victor
    But people bash Bertie aswell and the only one who rebuts is Cork, like nobody bashes, eh whats his name the opposition leader guy?

They you have the "leftie" bashers.

And the Bush bushers (no Bush, not bush), Blair bashers .....

Whats wrong, can't SF stand up to robust words?

Yea but Victor you kinda get fed up of answering the same question's over and over.

People also continue to level all sorts of accusations at the party, and most times without any proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

/me sheds a tear for the poor shinners.

EH only joking of course those nice sinn Fein people should not be hassled by the boards gutties.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I vote for a split at the next Ard Fheis to set up Boards Sinn Fein.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The Provisional Boards.ie tbh...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I thought this was the official boards.ie?

Originally posted by DeVore
    The Provisional Boards.ie tbh...

DeV.

Fair enough, should have known there was no point in try to raise a matter in this forum.

Sorry for wasting the space.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Irish1, I'm not going to protect you or any other political party from the verbal lashings of the public. No other political party or group is afforded such special treatment....

Apologies if you felt I was being too flipant.... the answer is no, I dont see a reason for this and I dont like the precedent.

DeV.

Irish1, I'm not going to protect you or any other political party from the verbal lashings of the public. No other political party or group is afforded such special treatment....

Apologies if you felt I was being too flipant.... the answer is no, I dont see a reason for this and I dont like the precedent.

DeV.

Fair enough, thanks for answering.

I thought would just have saved us all going over an over the same arguments in Politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Heat, out, of, get, the, kitchen, the, stand, if, can't, and you are words which come to mind.

Everyone comes up for the same treatment on Politics. It's part of what politics is about.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    Heat, out, of, get, the, kitchen, the, stand, if, can't, and you are words which come to mind.

Everyone comes up for the same treatment on Politics. It's part of what politics is about.

Just to clarify, I wasn't looking for any protection for SF, I was looking for a SF BASHING Thread so everyone that wants to have a go at them could do it in teh one thread because if you look at the thrads in politics over the last few months you'l see there is several threads withh the same arguments repeated over and over.

I'm all for people bashing political party's god knows I bash FF enough.

Ok, heres a more constructive suggestion then. Make a website (you can even host it here!) with a FAQ and most common arguments as you see it explained and rebutted. Then simply link to it (or put it in you sig).

Ta-da!

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

In fairness, while I don't see a reason for channelling the SF bashing elsewhere, there does seem to me to be quite a bit of repetitiveness to any of those threads and it's hardly productive.

irish1, if you're getting the same questions and criticisms over and over, then surely you could create a FAQ or similar to link to from your signature. Alternatively, ignore if it you don't feel it will get the discussion anywhere. Or both.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Ok, this is getting a bit borgish.

Ok, heres a more constructive suggestion then. Make a website (you can even host it here!) with a FAQ and most common arguments as you see it explained and rebutted. Then simply link to it (or put it in you sig).

Ta-da!

DeV.

Cheers Dev, I might just do that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by irish1
    Perhaps we could just get a SF bashing Sticky in the politics forum, then we could all argue it in 1 thread only.

Although I understand your frustration, I can’t agree with your idea. Censorship, even in this light-hearted way is wrong.

On a side note, the bashing is on par with the real life bashing - and anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence can see why that has been on the up rise.

Originally posted by ecksor
    In fairness, while I don't see a reason for channelling the SF bashing elsewhere, there does seem to me to be quite a bit of repetitiveness to any of those threads and it's hardly productive.

irish1, if you're getting the same questions and criticisms over and over, then surely you could create a FAQ or similar to link to from your signature. Alternatively, ignore if it you don't feel it will get the discussion anywhere. Or both.

Cheers ecksor,

monument,

I wasn't looking for cencorship in any way, just a single thread to argue it rather than having spread all over the politics forum.

This brightly burning thread lived half as long. But it burned so very very brightly. [1]

DeV.
    [1]paraphrased from Bladerunner :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by irish1
    I wasn't looking for cencorship in any way, just a single thread to argue it rather than having spread all over the politics forum.

I see only being allowed to "bash" a group in one thread as censorship.

As pointed out above, there are better ways to deal with such.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement