Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America's Army

Options
  • 27-04-2004 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

I've read a few features about this game that go into great detail about how much money the American army spent on developing the game, the moral aspects and wether its propaganda or not.

But what interests me is the fact that its free. Before I go downloading a gig of material is the game any fun?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

It's ok.
    But it's not great.
    The training and stuff you have to do before hand gets very tedious.
    You have tests that you have to complete, like identifying enemy vehicles, tanks etc.
    I don't really like the controls all that much.
    They feel too laboured.
    I actually just uninstalled it yesterday along with other games i'll never play again.
    I'd say don't bother downloading it unless you've got a fast connection that you don't mind tying up for a while.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

dont like playing it online much, but love playing it on the wLAN we have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's not worth it trust me it's a terrible game there are better free games out there (read reviews - get the updates aswell!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

My favorite game in the genre (military FPS).
    Much more "simulator" than arcade, so it has different feel than counter strike.
    Training is tidious but if you're a bad shooter during the training you'll be also bad during the games.

Advertisement