Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec True Power Question

Options
  • 27-04-2004 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

It says that the power supply will adjust the speed of the fans acording to conditions however i haven't noticed it increase fan speed at all!

I'm running prime at the moment (cpu 100%) and my cpu temp is 58C (at the min) and there's no increase of the fan speed? I have 2 case fans connected to the power lead marked "fan only", also have cpu fan with variable speed its at its lowest rpm now hence the high temp.

Another question, how do i know what way my fans are blowing air?
    I can feel air from the fan blowing in but not from the one thats meant to be blowing out, as my cpu fan is close enough to the case fan i'm not sure if i feel air from cpu or case fan round the 2.

(Ok prime crashed when cpu hit 59C)

thanks,

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

These PSUs will normally raise the fan speed in accordance with the amount of load on the PSU itself, so it won't necessarily go up if your temps rise.

You should definitely be able to feel the output from a fan blowing out. You could open the case while it;s running and put your hand over the fan you think should be blowing out to be sure it isn;lt blowing in. If it is blowing in, take it out and reverse it. The fans at the top/back should extract air, while those at the base/front should take it into the case.

I forget what CPU you have... 59 is a mite high, but in range for a P4, but you should be able to keep it much cooler on air. Are you overclocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Have an athlon xp 2500+ at about 3000+ speeds.

I put my hand in the case over the fan but its hard to say whats way its blowing as its so close to the cpu fan.

I can get my cpu temp down to 49C if i turn the fan up full, bit better than 59C i would think. Even cooler if i have the side of the case open

Might try connecting the fans to normal power to see if they run faster like that

jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Yeah, might be an idea to plug into the normal sockets on the mobo or PSU just to determine what direction it's going in. If it came prefitted I'd image it'd be blowing out. That CPU fan must be blowing up a storm to make it so difficult to tell ;)

I think Loki or Data would be able to advise best on acceptable temps for the Athlons. My last one was an 800MHz! Still have it though... might go for some retro overclocking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Originally posted by Adeptus Titanicus
    That CPU fan must be blowing up a storm to make it so difficult to tell ;)

It's a monster of a fan:D

The cpu fan and case fan are just very close to each other, ill turn it round see will it make a difference and post in a few mins

jozi

EDIT: The fan was on right as i can feel cool air blowing in now, never felt anything blowing out when it was on the right way :confused:

Can anyone say if i'm better of cutting out the mesh bit from the case that the fan is behind and put a regular fan guard on?

EDIT2: Mesh is gone, Both fans are definatly blowing the right way, swaped both round.

Pics in case mods sticky

Advertisement