Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the Prodigal Son

Options
  • 27-04-2004 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Well not quite. However I do come bearing greetings to all the CTYIzens I've loved and liked from the six sessions I attended as student, RA and TA.

Just popping my head in to hope everyone is in good form, if there's any news with any of you who know me and to wish those of ya with exams the best of luck. Best of luck too to all those going back to DCU this year, it'll only be my second summer in 8 years when I've had absolutely no connection to the course so I'm sure I'll miss it.

In aon chor go néirí libh - see some of you maybe at the MayDay events and for those of you in or coming to UCD be sure to say hello, I work in the Students' Union and am going back into my final year of Social Science next year. Have a great summer everyone and be sure to keep in touch - sudevelopment@ucd.ie should reach me.

PS - Anyone who has a copy of the magazine "CTYIZENS" from Session One 2002 - can they get in touch, would love to see it again! Anyone with any pics aswell!

Dermot Looney

World Geopolitics - Session 1, 1997
    Education - Session 1, 1998
    Classics - Session 2, 1999
    RA - Sessions 1 & 2, 2002
    TA - Philosophy - Session 2, 2003

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

DERMO! Wow.. long time no see. I think I may have a copy of the CTYIzens thing from s1 2002, I'll scan it sometime when I get the time/find it.
    I've got about 60 pics of random nature from the same session..
    *sigh* good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 sk_irl

dermot. seamus here from your RA group in 2002. hows it going? i definitely have that copy of CTYIzens if you want, fully intact and including that nice re-lyriced Christy song. Get in touch if you can't get it from anyone closer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heya dermo, whats the craic? whatever happened to the old user name that you insisted on making me guess who you were with? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Dermot!!! This is Sarah, whom you had to put with last summer in philosophy, and the summer before, when I slapped you :P. I also probably have a copy of the magazine, but I'll leave it to hugh and sk_irl, i'm lazy :P. and call in and see us this year!! its my last, and it won't be the same without you and ruari :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

Woo dermot's here! Tis maggie o'connor from sesh1 2002. And the ucd open day. And that time when i was on work experience and you were an elf. Lost my ctyizens magazine. Well not lost, just dont know where it is. I'll find it. Some day. Probably when im old and wrinkly and ill be like, what? But i'll find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

Hey Dermot! I'm clare from alaska, session 1, 2002 who lived with clare from dublin who had oranges with names and capes and flowers and tape on our windows! Cool to hear from you! I have my CTYIzens and know exactly where it is. I can sing the song. whee! but i'll leave the copying of it up to the others as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Hey, dermo
    I know it's a bit late but i visit this rarely and am lazy. I was in your RA group in S1 02 and have that magazine. If it's the song lyrics you're after see this. I never did finnish the site, but I'm updating and building another, I also hear I forgot to credit Rory or somesuch, I will fix that with the update. Oh, yeah this is Philip aka "Pipo", it seems I'm never gonna shake that one.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

Hey Dermot. This is Ronan Tumelty. You were friend's with my brother barry at ctyi, i believe... all those long years ago...

Advertisement