Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Most Lightly Simple) Hosting Problem

Options
  • 27-04-2004 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

quick q bout the free hosting....

how do get the site from being 'under construction' to being able to be viewed.
    have uploaded what i needed to. no more options that i can see. help please

thanks

art

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have you got an index.html or .htm file in the root directory? (in other words in the top directory you see first) Depending on the server configuration it may be a home file (or anything else) but index is the most common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

yeah there's one there but when i click on it finds nothing so i deleted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

yeah there's one there but when i click on it finds nothing so i deleted it.

You have to design your own web site.

The first page of which has to be called index.htm or index.html (well, technically they can end in a number of different extensions but just use these ones).

The others (if any) can be called anything so long as they end in a recognised extension).

Once this is uploaded into (via the file manager in boards.ie) then it is automatically loaded once that folder is navigated to in you're browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

The files need to be in your public_html folder.

Advertisement