Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

anyone got a primera

Options
  • 27-04-2004 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of buying a99 primera .Anyone know the +s and -s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I have a 2000 Primera 1.8 4 door saloon which I bought last august with 48000 miles on the clock since then I have put another 12000 miles on the car Navan-Dublin and back each day.

I bought this car after having 3 fiestas, its a great car, some people don't like the looks but I think they are ok, I haven't had any problems with the car yet, although there was a recall recently on engine sensors which Nissan fixed the only difference I noticed was that the car started easier on winter mornings after the work a was done.

Acceleration is very good, Grip on the road is excellent and I've never felt the car losing it, the suspension has a nice solid feel although sometimes hitting potholes it can feel heavy. The steering has good feedback although can be a little light if where to take a sharp corner fast and the turning circle is wide so it can be awkward to park sometimes.

What I don't like is the gear change it can feel clunky compared to say the tight short shifts of the fords.

www.honestjohn.co.uk is a good website to check out cars pros and cons.

Also I bought my Primera from www.kenlawfordmotors.ie who was cheaper by almost €2000 than the other Nissan dealers for the same model spec car and he also gave me over €1500 more trade-in allowance on my car than the other dealers where willing to give.

So in conclusion finally, I'd say its great car and as for MPG I typically get on average 34-42 mile per gallon through a full tank of petrol depending on how I drive, the open road part of my journey I can get up 52mpg but when stuck in Dublin traffic this can go down as low as 17 or 18 mpg.

I hope this helps, if you want any more info just post and I'll reply.

My only regret is that i didn't get the CVT automatic for hours i sit in dulbin traffic but the 6 disc cd changer and radio have a good sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Thanks all.Have bought a 1.6 and expect to be satisfied.

Advertisement