Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wanted: Large Saloon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That'd be cool Mike, I'd appreciate that

I'll take me camera...hopefully something will stand out.

Mike.

Ps the old Audi 200 turbo rocks....and rolls! I only ever saw on on a regular basis up near Carlow someyears back in a sort of watery yellow colour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by mike65
    I'll take me camera...hopefully something will stand out.
    Kewl.
    Ps the old Audi 200 turbo rocks....and rolls! I only ever saw on on a regular basis up near Carlow someyears back in a sort of watery yellow colour.
    I dunno, I'm trying to like it but it's just not working for me. It's like the Volvo 850 and 940: even though they're both very similar looking, one's classy, the other's a boat.

But then I never said I wasn't picky, right? :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Buy a Honda Accord !!

Originally posted by tinofapples
    Buy a Honda Accord !!
    Why? I don't work in data processing, I don't have a pocket protector, and I'm fresh out of clip-on ties.

adam

ROFL :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by dahamsta
    But then I never said I wasn't picky, right? :)

True :)

I can see your point about the 850 and 940 :)

Adam I stopped by Strangs and it was a wipe out - took a minute to survey the "stock" they had NOTHING (unless you had about 8,000 and upwards for the showroom cars). Just some ancient tat which I suspect is on the lot simply as a supply of cheap parts for the workshop.

Oh well

Mike.

Not to worry Mike, I appreciate the effort anyway. I reckon at this stage that if I don't get sorted out by the end of next week I'll start looking for something a bit more realistic. And you know I'll complain about it forever. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

re strangs:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139065

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140753

Don't suppose he still has a grey passat lying about does he?

The man strikes me as a bit crazy to be honest.

offered me the passat for a grand and when I came back a week later with cash in my pocket wanting to take another look before buying he all but told me to go f**k myself and that he wanted 4 grand.

I passed 2 weeks ago and I could've swore I saw it still there.

I did'nt spot one but I was looking for Mercs!

And yes he is a bit er difficult! :ninja:

Mike.

• Advertisement

Not to worry Mike, I appreciate the effort anyway. I reckon at this stage that if I don't get sorted out by the end of next week I'll start looking for something a bit more realistic. And you know I'll complain about it forever. :)

adam

If you're on the Dublin area....

http://www.autonet.ie/autonet.php?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autonet.ie%2Fmichaelcollinscars
    BMW 520i SE 1990. Black, taxed & NCT 11/04, e/w, elec s/r, alloys, rear spoiler, 120k, FSH, drives & looks like new, €1,950 ono. Ph: Michael Collins Cars 086-2558192, Blackrock Area.

Sounds just about ideal.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

How about a lovely Alfa Romeo 164. Not many about, I'm afraid, I think I saw one on Carzone.ie, but cannot rermember the price, and probably impossible to find a decent one, or even my favourite a 155.

164_1.jpg

if I don't get sorted out by the end of next week I'll start looking for something a bit more realistic. And you know I'll complain about it forever. :)

What wasn't realistic about the potential paths you contemplated on exploring (although they were all over the shop) so far Adam?

Or maybe you realise now that Henry was wrong and you shouldn't limit your choice of colour ;)

Anyway, continued good luck with your search. Hope you find a suitable motor :)

If you're on the Dublin area....
    Looks good Mike. I reckon I might head up there next weekend with a list of cars, spend the afternoon and evening tootling around.
    Originally posted by Mr. Dark
    How about a lovely Alfa Romeo 164.
    I like them Mr. Dark, but as you say there aren't a whole lot of them around. On top of that I'd be worried about the cost of maintenance and parts.
    Originally posted by unkel
    What wasn't realistic about the potential paths you contemplated on exploring (although they were all over the shop) so far Adam?
    I don't think they're unrealistic in the long term, but I'm moving next week and I'd like to have transport when I do. And I wouldn't say they were all over the shop, I just adjusted as I went. The Volvo, for example, came as a bit of a surprise to me, I hadn't even thought of them until someone suggested it.
    Or maybe you realise now that Henry was wrong and you shouldn't limit your choice of colour
    It's not that limited. :)

adam

Sorry to keep dragging this up, just wanted to mention that my budget's increased a little, I now have a total of about €5000 available to me (including tax, insurance, etc). I've updated the Otto Vonted webpage with a couple cars and a little more detail. Picky b'stard that I am.

adam

Aggghhh! I though you had found something! :eek:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Peugeot 605

Nice but rare michaelanthony, and I'd be worried about parts and servicing.

I did actually find a car Mike, but it might be difficult to pull off. '96 Saab 9000 CSE in Scarab Green with black leather - nyom - but it's in Gort. Dropping down to "The Saab Guy" in Five Mile tomorrow to see if he knows the car.

adam

Isn't there someone here from (or in) Limerick? I thought it was Mike, but he's off the other direction apparently. There's a 525i in Corbally, and tbh I haven't a clue where that is -- anyone up that direction?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

there's a big beemer out by the rugby club in ballincllig. i cnapop out and check what it is if you want. might save you a trip to limerick. all i know at the moment is it's dark coloured (it's hard to make out at night as it's parked off the road in poor light)

• Advertisement

Isn't there someone here from (or in) Limerick? I thought it was Mike, but he's off the other direction apparently. There's a 525i in Corbally, and tbh I haven't a clue where that is -- anyone up that direction?

adam

Corbally is off the main road from Dublin into Limerick centre turning north at Althunkard Street , I have'nt been down there but I know where the turn is! You can use the mighty http://uk2.multimap.com to find the location.

525i SE, have you checked your insurance quote? €750 pa in tax...! :eek:

Mike.

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp

i've always found this to be spot on. nice step by step directions too

I guess that must be the kiddy, thanks Mike. Tried mappings, no success. MS Autoroute and MultiMap throw up Corbally in Sligo, and AA Ireland gives me a choice of five Corballys. :)
    525i SE, have you checked your insurance quote? €750 pa in tax...!
    Insure.ie gives me €1,169.06, and I'd likely get it a little cheaper than that. Definitely more affordable than the €1,750 they wanted off me for a 2.3 9000 turbo! :)

Be willing to eat that and the tax for a nice car, but I'm in the same boat -- not qualified to know if there's anything dodgy about the car, don't know anyone in the area. Looks like I'll be buying a banger... getting really tired of this now...

adam

Jaysis Adam, for that kinda money you could almost have had my '94 530iA V8 three months ago :eek:

Originally posted by unkel
    Jaysis Adam, for that kinda money you could almost have had my '94 530iA V8 three months ago :eek:
    Yeah, but tax'd be twice as much, and if anything went wrong...

Buying a car is a pain in the hole.

adam

that bmw in ballincollig is a 1992 520i. tis dark blue(i think) and whoever's selling it is looking for 1650 euro for it. the sign on it says it's nct'd. other than that i know nothing about it, all my info is based on a slow driveby with one of the lads trying to read the sign in the window

Which BMW in Ballincollig?

Yeah, but tax'd be twice as much, and if anything went wrong...

No tax is only €288 more than on a 525i. The car was in super condition with only 83k miles. The chances of anything going wrong times the expected costs to fix it compared to the older 525i with way higher mileage is surely lower. Insurance for me is the same on a 2.5 liter car or a 7.0 liter car (might be differenct for you)
    Buying a car is a pain in the hole.

Continued good luck with getting the right motor :)

Which BMW in Ballincollig?

the one i posted about further up the page. tis out by the rugby club. parked on a grass verge on the side of the road where there's always cars parked for sale. just head towards macroom through ballincollig and you can't miss it. it'd be on your right as you travel to macroom. if you hit the 40mph zone you've gone a few hundred yards too far.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that evil belly, I missed that post. I'll pop out and have a look this evening.

adam

Advertisement